Best Place To Buy Tickets For A Newbie

jaycrewz

Registered
Mar 2, 2015
Ive never really bought sports tickets before. They have always been given to me or I have had someone take me to an sporting event. The only tickets Ive bought for events on my own were music venues...and I bought those online through ticketmaster or went to the venue box office.

If I want to go to an NYCFC game, is it best to buy them online from the main team page? Or can I get a great deal through other websites? What about the secondary market? StubHub, Ebay, or even Craigslist. Ive heard of people using all of these sites as well as others to buy tickets for different things.

I know the tickets are cheap....but Im wondering if I can score creme de la creme seats for cheap. Like the Legends seats for example.

Last edited:
NYCFC has a ticket exchange for season ticket holders looking to sell their tickets. It is run through ticketmaster, but I'd start there, then Stub Hub. I wouldn't buy from CL.

For Legends Seats the only place you can get them is through the TicketExchange on Ticketmaster, which is the same way to get regular tickets except they're priced upwards because their set by the fan. The other option is StubHub. Face value Legends seats are unavailable because the entire section was purchased as season tickets.

Seatguru is a great website to use as it compares listings across all ticket resale sites.

Sorry, seatgeek that's the one for sports tickets
Ill check this out. Thanks.

Right now it looks like my best bet for the Red Bulls game is ticketmaster. Im likely buying for section 325. Its some of the better viewing angle left of the available tickets and at a good price.

Any experience with that section or those near it?

Dude, simple. nycfc.com or stubhub. The seats are already cheap to begin with.

Reactions: NYCFCfan
Dude, simple. nycfc.com or stubhub. The seats are already cheap to begin with.
I know they are cheap. But I specifically mentioned Legends resale as well, which is not cheap cheap like other seats in the stadium. Especially not on derby day.

Thanks for the input.

Legends don't resell. They aren't bought by people who need money from reselling tickets.
Really? Because Ive seen people talk about snatching up those seats for games before. Ive seen them online myself. The NYCFC Legends seats arent priced the way Yankee tickets are. And with the team being bad, it makes sense that they are resold.

Ill check this out. Thanks.

Right now it looks like my best bet for the Red Bulls game is ticketmaster. Im likely buying for section 325. Its some of the better viewing angle left of the available tickets and at a good price.

Any experience with that section or those near it?

I think I heard that that area might be an away fan section for this game, I'd double check that before buying seats there. Best thing to do when they are releasing terrace seats bit by bit like this is to check back frequently - if you end up hitting the site just as a new section is opened you can et seas in the first row. If you look up the view from your seat thread I posted pics from 305 on opening day.

I think I heard that that area might be an away fan section for this game, I'd double check that before buying seats there. Best thing to do when they are releasing terrace seats bit by bit like this is to check back frequently - if you end up hitting the site just as a new section is opened you can et seas in the first row. If you look up the view from your seat thread I posted pics from 305 on opening day.
325 has first row available..So I think Ill snatch them up now. Im not bothered by away supporters. If they are around, they are around.

Really? Because Ive seen people talk about snatching up those seats for games before. Ive seen them online myself. The NYCFC Legends seats arent priced the way Yankee tickets are. And with the team being bad, it makes sense that they are resold.

I know exactly what the prices are for both teams in that section.

If you've seen them online yourself, then go back to that place and buy them. Otherwise, make a friend in the Legends. They'd probably give them to you.

I know exactly what the prices are for both teams in that section.

If you've seen them online yourself, then go back to that place and buy them. Otherwise, make a friend in the Legends. They'd probably give them to you.
No need. They arent at the price Id be willing to pay for the Red Bulls game. Not too sure if Id take advantage of the perks that come with the seats either.

Dog.... you GOTTA be trolling. Gotta be.
I replied to your post after doing my research on different sites mentioned in this thread.

The only troll is the guy who came into my thread making incorrect statements regarding the availability of Legends seats...and then catching an attitude with me when I correct him and stated that I chose not to purchase them. In other words, the only one trolling is you.

How am I trolling because I deem resale Legends seats are too expensive on derby day (common sense telling us that rivalry games are always more expensive).