David Villa - Goal of the Week

I'm convinced NY will never win this. Go ahead, please prove me wrong. I voted myself. But we don't seem to mobilize for these.

Agreed. The only hope we have is Goal of the Year. I mean Harrison made it to the finals on his turn and curving shot vs. Montreal and I don't think that was our goal of the year internally.

Reactions: mgarbowski
I think most weeks Villa might win this with that goal, but Valeri's very well may be goal of the season.

No NYCFC players on the list for Save of the Week. Robles is in for his save on a Villa shot (the one just before the equalizer).

Frankly, I think Johnson's save of BWP at the end of the first half was better than most of the nominees.

I also think Villa's double block off the corner kick was better than any of them.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Point taken, but my point stands that Valeri's was better.
Villa's second goal last night was more skillful. That strike was just turn, no defender steps (wtf?), Rowe goes full Saunders.

Villa made a 45 yard run, waltzed past two guys in the box and hit a cracker just inside the post versus a top 5 keeper.

Valeri's was a very good goal. It doesn't do it for me though. That's one time I'd absolutely agree with the "yeah, but MLS defending" crowd.

Reactions: Ulrich