Most Commmonly Misspeled NYCFC Name Late 2023 Edition

What NYCFC Name Did You Most Often Misspell, or Enjoy Misspelling, or Proudly Get Right?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mgarbowski

Registered
Elite Donor
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jul 16, 2014
Queens, NY
mgarbowski.com
Vote for as many as you like. Add write-in candidates. Add comments with your favorite way of sidestepping the hard to spell name by using a nickname or alternate actual name.

• Love
Reactions: joe
Vote for as many as you like. Add write-in candidates. Add comments with your favorite way of sidestepping the hard to spell name by using a nickname or alternate actual name.
GREAT poll!

The answer is Mendoza, because I think even the team didn't know how to spell his name. I remember you would see his name spelled differently almost every time.

I don't think he would get many votes, but even now, there seems to be confusion as to whether it's Monsef or Mounsef Bakrar.

Congratulations? To Patrick Vieira for winning the most misspelled name in NYCFC History vote.

Personally I find the names with possible double letters more confusing and have to look them up all the time. But I honor the will of the voters.
All hail PV!

Shocked the winner wasn't Gudi, because we all called him that because nobody ever tried to type his last name in. And if they did, it was a copy/paste situation.

Reactions: mgarbowski