Nycfc V Sounders - Player Ratings - Motm

Alvarez looked good yesterday and was more skilled on the ball than most of our players, which isn't a surprising given his background. Remember, he also played the great through ball that Shelton didn't finish against Portland, so hopefully there is a role for him. He did, however, become much less effective later in the game, whether from fatigue or otherwise, and I was surprised he didn't get taken off.

Ballouchy is an interesting one. Like most everyone, I find myself disappointed whenever he is in the lineup and am amazed at how much time can pass during a game where he seems to have no effect. However, given the two goals he has now scored in the past four matches, I wonder if we are really in a position to cast aside a guy who is capable of doing that given our overall lack of ability to score goals? We all aspire for this team to get past the point where we are even having this debate, but at the moment he has done something that nobody else has shown the ability to do excluding Villa and Mix's finish in the first match. We can't overlook that.

Reactions: Kjbert
Ballouchy is the only one in the last couple of games who has taken a shot and kept it off the ground and on target.
If you notice all of our shots are either dribblers wide or moon shots. Both of his goals have been solidly struck lasers into the upper part of the net. I can respect that.
As for Poku doing nothing, I disagree. He dribbles past defenders and creates space. Unfortunately by the time he came on we were already down and Seattle just played far back almost into their own box. But his ability to pick up the dribble and muscle past defenders is something none of our midfielders have been able to do. He takes players on.