Take the EOS NY Soccer Census

Still changes away from the actual city in the name of demographics, unless I'm misunderstanding your point.

Warriors use Golden State, totally fine, they pay in California.

Angels started in LA and were forced out because of high real estate costs, so they could use it like the Jets or Giants for same reasons. But they were more honest then the Jets or Giants by renaming themselves California (where they played). And personally, I'd have no problem with the Jets or Giants calling themselves the Tri-State Jets or Tri-State Giants, I can share. Then later the Angels were even more honest going with Anaheim. Their new ownership paid a huge sum of money for the team, and is less honest using LA in the front half of the name. But they did play there at one time, and they still say "of Anaheim" at the end of the name.

The Redbulls never played in NY. And after the metrostars there's been absolutely no reference to NJ. It's both disrespectful and dishonest.

Warriors use Golden State, totally fine, they pay in California.

Angels started in LA and were forced out because of high real estate costs, so they could use it like the Jets or Giants for same reasons. But they were more honest then the Jets or Giants by renaming themselves California (where they played). And personally, I'd have no problem with the Jets or Giants calling themselves the Tri-State Jets or Tri-State Giants, I can share. Then later the Angels were even more honest going with Anaheim. Their new ownership paid a huge sum of money for the team, and is less honest using LA in the front half of the name. But they did play there at one time, and they still say "of Anaheim" at the end of the name.

The Redbulls never played in NY. And after the metrostars there's been absolutely no reference to NJ. It's both disrespectful and dishonest.
Fun backstory there. The Angels signed a deal with the City of Anaheim in 1996 when moving to their new stadium that the team would contain the name Anaheim. New owner took over in 2003 and tried changing the name, big lawsuit and 2 years later they became the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. Anaheim dropped the lawsuit since it still had Anaheim in it's name and that's been the case ever since.

Fun backstory there. The Angels signed a deal with the City of Anaheim in 1996 when moving to their new stadium that the team would contain the name Anaheim. New owner took over in 2003 and tried changing the name, big lawsuit and 2 years later they became the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. Anaheim dropped the lawsuit since it still had Anaheim in it's name and that's been the case ever since.

If only Harrison would sue...