Where Is All If Any Soccer Coverage On Tv?

Kevin

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Jun 10, 2014
Brooklyn
I love the beautiful game of soccer more and more as I watch it. However due to lack of coverage of it anywhere it makes it harder and harder to even care about it. European Qualifiers, Serie A, Bundesliga, MLS, haven't recieved much of any coverage besides Zlatans header from a goalie clearance. We can cover the nfl draft, mlb spring training, over coverage of March Madness, but nothing on Soccer (Football). The thing that I love about soccer is that there is tremendous talent all over the world. If they can run segments on the Knicks and 76ers, or when Winston steals shrimps, to Gronk at a club, ESPN can show some soccer. I know they have ESPNFC but its a 30 minute show that comes as often as the G train in Brooklyn. MLS has 0 coverage. Not even a round-up show? No here's what happened this week no anything. Stop spending time showing Rae Shremmurd and start showing sports. Until things like this are fixed the USA will not be a powerhouse in the world because kids grow up wanting to be like all the stars they see on tv. Last thing I've seen on tv about soccer was
Keith Olbermann bashing nycfc despite the segment making little to no sense. Sorry for the long vent but ESPN needs to step up they're coverage on the worlds most popular game.

Reactions: Paul
One why to do that is to watch more games on ESPN. It's a ratings game. I'll be the fiesta to admit ESPN sucks it is way to euro focused. That would be fine if there where a show for NA soccer. But it's a 30 min show that mostly focus on soccer in Europe with a European perspective even when they do in occasionally talk about the game in North America. They has the English language rights to Liga MX. When have they ever really talked or aired Liga MX. We have to get the ratings for MLS and US soccer up and they will cover it better.

Reactions: Kevin
MLS averages more attendance than NHL and NBA.

The attendance issue is because basketball and hockey arenas are smaller. Basketball and (to a lesser extent) hockey are way more popular than MLS at the moment. It's not even close. As for TV coverage, there isn't much. I have MLS Insider and get all my match recaps from there. For EPL coverage I watch the review shows from time to time. I know Bein has similar shows for La Liga and others but I don't watch those so I don't know. If you want analysis it's best to take to the internet. We're just not there yet.

The attendance issue is because basketball and hockey arenas are smaller. Basketball and (to a lesser extent) hockey are way more popular than MLS at the moment. It's not even close. As for TV coverage, there isn't much. I have MLS Insider and get all my match recaps from there. For EPL coverage I watch the review shows from time to time. I know Bein has similar shows for La Liga and others but I don't watch those so I don't know. If you want analysis it's best to take to the internet. We're just not there yet.
While true, there are many MANY NBA teams that sell tickets for cents (no, seriously, less than a buck), and can't fill the place up. If there's no "main attraction" in the NBA, or you're not winning, fans couldn't care less.

It will be a never ending cycle of we don't watch it because you don't cover it, and you won't cover it because we won't watch it.

While true, there are many MANY NBA teams that sell tickets for cents (no, seriously, less than a buck), and can't fill the place up. If there's no "main attraction" in the NBA, or you're not winning, fans couldn't care less.

Some teams, yes, but not an exaggerated many. The NBAs biggest problem is the top heavy competition. Most teams don't have a shot at winning so why should people go? Regardless, viewership is through the roof. Teams for all sports will sell tickets for cheap and have giveaways but, you're right, not as infamous as some of the stories I've heard for some nba teams. I don't think MLS fans should be worrying about what other sports are doing. It will grow over time.

I love the beautiful game of soccer more and more as I watch it. However due to lack of coverage of it anywhere it makes it harder and harder to even care about it. European Qualifiers, Serie A, Bundesliga, MLS, haven't recieved much of any coverage besides Zlatans header from a goalie clearance. We can cover the nfl draft, mlb spring training, over coverage of March Madness, but nothing on Soccer (Football). The thing that I love about soccer is that there is tremendous talent all over the world. If they can run segments on the Knicks and 76ers, or when Winston steals shrimps, to Gronk at a club, ESPN can show some soccer. I know they have ESPNFC but its a 30 minute show that comes as often as the G train in Brooklyn. MLS has 0 coverage. Not even a round-up show? No here's what happened this week no anything. Stop spending time showing Rae Shremmurd and start showing sports. Until things like this are fixed the USA will not be a powerhouse in the world because kids grow up wanting to be like all the stars they see on tv. Last thing I've seen on tv about soccer was
Keith Olbermann bashing nycfc despite the segment making little to no sense. Sorry for the long vent but ESPN needs to step up they're coverage on the worlds most popular game.

Bein Sports has the most coverage since they have the US rights to La Liga, Seria A and Ligue 1.