2021 Leagues Cup

Final will be held in Las Vegas...that would be a fun away day! (Albeit on a Wednesday, September 22)

they went for the shiny new stadium. I dont think they open all sections though. I mean Cruz Azul and Tigres didnt even fill up Sam Boyd Stadium. Of course im not familiar with Las vegas stadium locations. Not sure if Allegiant is a more accessible location than Sam Boyd.

they went for the shiny new stadium. I dont think they open all sections though. I mean Cruz Azul and Tigres didnt even fill up Sam Boyd Stadium. Of course im not familiar with Las vegas stadium locations. Not sure if Allegiant is a more accessible location than Sam Boyd.

Allegiant Stadium is also hosting the Gold Cup final. The closest hotel to the stadium is the Mandalay Bay (where the American Outlaws are staying for the Gold Cup final). The stadium and the hotel are both at the southern most end of the strip. It's a 18 minute walk on Google Maps from that hotel to the stadium. It's a 30 minute drive from that hotel to Sam Boyd Stadium.

Allegiant Stadium is also hosting the Gold Cup final. The closest hotel to the stadium is the Mandalay Bay (where the American Outlaws are staying for the Gold Cup final). The stadium and the hotel are both at the southern most end of the strip. It's a 18 minute walk on Google Maps from that hotel to the stadium. It's a 30 minute drive from that hotel to Sam Boyd Stadium.

i just saw the schedule, if we make it to the semi final ( second round) its supposed to be September 14/15 but there is a MLS game on September 14th vs FC Dallas at YS. how is that going to work? move the home game to RBA then at a later date?

i just saw the schedule, if we make it to the semi final ( second round) its supposed to be September 14/15 but there is a MLS game on September 14th vs FC Dallas at YS. how is that going to work? move the home game to RBA then at a later date?

Move the Dallas game to October when we have a week off?

Read all the articles leading up to this week and Vermes said SKC will take Leagues cup very seriously...

and then sends out a highly rotated squad? losing 2-0 in the 30th minute

Read all the articles leading up to this week and Vermes said SKC will take Leagues cup very seriously...

and then sends out a highly rotated squad? losing 2-0 in the 30th minute

3-0 at the half. He basically sent out the entire junior varsity after saying this midweek.

E02DB02D-ECB4-42A8-9415-FD0A083C875A.jpeg

3-0 at the half. He basically sent out the entire junior varsity after saying this midweek.

View attachment 11348

exactly. it's embarrassing. if you're gonna rotate, just say you're gonna rotate. there's no shame in that. there's no need to BS during an interview and then send out the kids. he also rested a bunch of people vs colorado too. so it's strange he didn't start them for this.

Last edited:
lol.. 6-1. gotta feel bad for the kids getting taken to slaughter

at least seattle looks like they are sending out a starting caliber lineup. should be a much better game

exactly. it's embarrassing. if you're gonna rotate, just say you're gonna rotate. there's no shame in that. there's no need to BS during an interview and then send out the kids. he also rested a bunch of people vs colorado too. so it's strange he didn't start them for this.

I think I recall in the first edition, Wilmer Cabrera saying that Houston was going to use subs and youth players for the leagues cup and he got shit for it.

on the other hand vermes was the one starting with the field dimension complaints and saying it’s under the fifa minimum and everyone rode with it, so in a way...screw him.

Last edited:
I think I recall in the first edition, Wilmer Cabrera saying that Houston was going to use subs and youth players for the leagues cup and he got shit for it.

on the other hand vermes was the one starting with the field dimension complaints and saying it’s under the fifa minimum and everyone rode with it so in a way...screw him.

yea i don't care about vermes particularly. i just think it's embarrassing for MLS to say we're going to take it seriously and then send out kids.

Sounds have a good lineup and Tigres also have a strong lineup. Should be a good game.

This is actually old news, but i couldn't find it mentioned anywhere here or in the CCL thread. starting in 2023, leagues cup winner will get a CCL berth. CCL is going to be very different as well, with group stage play, much like UCL. more info here:

This is actually old news, but i couldn't find it mentioned anywhere here or in the CCL thread. starting in 2023, leagues cup winner will get a CCL berth. CCL is going to be very different as well, with group stage play, much like UCL. more info here:

yea its changing so the leagues cup will be more "official". I dont like the new format though , just feels like way more games than what is needed for this region.

Last edited:
yea its changing so the leagues cup will be more "official". I dont like the new format though , just feels like way more games than what is needed for this region.

yea it will mean more games and only the north american group stages would be interesting to watch. but it might be what MLS teams need to actually win this thing instead of going into it in preseason form just to get stomped against an in form liga MX team.

yea it will mean more games and only the north american group stages would be interesting to watch. but it might be what MLS teams need to actually win this thing instead of going into it in preseason form just to get stomped against an in form liga MX team.

i dont know depends on the team. group stage and in the september/october teams will be fighting for playoffs spots and then have the CCL at the same time? some will elect to rotate and maybe not even give priority to CCL.

idk if there's a 2022 thread here... but I think it's really cool to see the leagues cup showcase happening now in cali, the amount of people who a re there for LAG vs Chivas, and are expected for the other games... It's just super cool.

I think leagues cup has the potential to become one of those really high profile tournaments like Libertadores is in south america. It'll take time, but I think there's enough hype and traction around it, especially with the current USA vs Mexico narrative and the way fans flock to see those games.

Reactions: moogoo
idk if there's a 2022 thread here... but I think it's really cool to see the leagues cup showcase happening now in cali, the amount of people who a re there for LAG vs Chivas, and are expected for the other games... It's just super cool.

I think leagues cup has the potential to become one of those really high profile tournaments like Libertadores is in south america. It'll take time, but I think there's enough hype and traction around it, especially with the current USA vs Mexico narrative and the way fans flock to see those games.

CCL exists. this is only between two leagues so it cant be like the libertadores.