2022 Audi MLS Cup Playoffs

austin getting RSL'ed ... at least so far.
hopefully RSL keeps it up! As much as I'm enjoying seeing this Austin season and their awesome fanbase, an RSL win would go a long way towards Eastern Conference hosting the cup. And also RSL shithousery is always the best

Reactions: moogoo and 413Blue
Is anyone watching the Montreal-Orlando match tonight with any rooting interest? Although I'd love a shot at another home game, I don't really want to think much past our match tomorrow in that sense.
If the match was irrelevant to us, I'd probably be backing Montreal tonight, because Orlando is Orlando.

Is anyone watching the Montreal-Orlando match tonight with any rooting interest? Although I'd love a shot at another home game, I don't really want to think much past our match tomorrow in that sense.
If the match was irrelevant to us, I'd probably be backing Montreal tonight, because Orlando is Orlando.
I'll be cheering for Orlando. I would love another home game, possibly at Yankee Stadium, should we advance past Miami.

I think the home game component for both the self interest of the possibility of attending and the advantage make it fun to root against both Montreal and Philly.

Reactions: moogoo and Sabo
I think the home game component for both the self interest of the possibility of attending and the advantage make it fun to root against both Montreal and Philly.

Montreal just scored. Orlando looks like they are done. This feels like 1-0 or 2-0 final.

• Angry
Reactions: JayH
This is crazy - looking at the playoff bracket final eight for 2021 vs 2022.

2021 final eight:
POR, COL, RSL, SKC (West)
NER, NYC, NSH, PHI (East)

2022 final eight:
LAFC, LAG, ATX, DAL/MIN (West)
PHI, CIN, MTL, NYC/MIA (East)

The western field is an entirely new set of teams and for the east, only PHI and NYC (if beats MIA) are repeat teams. Crazy turnover from the playoff field. Parity.

2021 final eight:

2022 final eight:

The western field is an entirely new set of teams and for the east, only PHI and NYC (if beats MIA) are repeat teams. Crazy turnover from the playoff field. Parity.
Also, on the issue of parity, both in 2021 and 2022 the field changes a lot but it has in common the fact that half of the teams are not big spenders. Some are downright stingy spenders (RSL, COL and PHI in 2021) and the rest mostly average spenders. This year CHI, TOR and ATL again spent a lot of money with nothing to show for it. PHI is the only one who has clearly started to spend more and seen a return on investment. So our engineered parity is based on the fact that a limited number of DPs and TAM signings per team guarantees enough misses to sink a lot of ships, giving the stingy teams a chance to do well.

Reactions: KevinJRogers

2021 final eight:

2022 final eight:

And only LAG and NYCFC have previously won the Cup. RSL was the only other team in the playoff field that had won one before and they were just eliminated.

Reactions: KevinJRogers
We have the best points total since 2016. We really really should raise a glass to the fact that we have achieved this level of consistent excellence while having exactly 0 players in the current list of 25 highest salaries in MLS, as published today. We are staying clear both of the Red Bull model of only cheap youngsters, and of the overpriced former superstar model of many other clubs. Kudos to us! BTW it is also eloquent IMHO that neither of the 2 MVP favorites, Driussi and Mukhtar, are on the list either.