2022 MLS All-Star Game

am i the only one who finds it a little weird that they are having so much fanfare to announce where the next all star game is?

I still think an East vs. West format with the winners hosting MLS cup would be the best. Puts a lot at stake in the game
I hated when baseball did that. Can't say you're wrong to like the idea; matter of taste not objective good or bad. But the idea that (possibly) NYCFC does or does not host MLS Cup would be determined by whether players from DC, Orlando, Toronto or Cincinnati perform in an exhibition game just annoys me.

Last edited:
I hated when baseball did that. Can't say you're wrong to like the idea; matter of taste not objective good or bad. But the idea that (possibly) NYCFC does or does not host MLS Cup would be determined by whether players from DC, Orlando, Toronto or Cincinnati perform in an exhibition game just annoyed me.
I think that is a very valid argument but I think we both can agree to disagree. In the current format I don’t care at all about the all star game and haven’t watched more than a few highlight clips here or there of it in my time following the league. If there was something at stake which would motivate players beyond just a suspension from league play then the game would be of higher quality and would definitely get fans who may be in the same camp as me invested. But I can see an argument that my opinion isn’t all that popular too.

I think that is a very valid argument but I think we both can agree to disagree. In the current format I don’t care at all about the all star game and haven’t watched more than a few highlight clips here or there of it in my time following the league. If there was something at stake which would motivate players beyond just a suspension from league play then the game would be of higher quality and would definitely get fans who may be in the same camp as me invested. But I can see an argument that my opinion isn’t all that popular too.
Honestly I don’t think any format will generate widespread interest in the game. I am more interested than most mls fans are and I can’t think of a way to change that.

I agree East vs. West Coast is best. Allows for more MLS players to be showcased and more marketable, not everyone who's into MLS is into Liga MX, Prem or La Liga are much more popular in the states (except for localized regions in the southwest)

Sean John
Taty
Callens

NYC and LAFC are the only 2 teams with more than two players chosen. Ugh.

Sean John
Taty
Callens

i dont like this at all. If taty leaves, i bet they replace him with talles magno.

Sean John
Taty
Callens

Miami (who we face after the ASG) fans coming out in full force.