2022 NYCFC Kit Thread

Shwafta

MLS Cup Attendee
Elite Donor
Jan 16, 2018
Long Island
We are quite a long time from this, I know.

However I thought we could start speculating early because why not!

I have a feeling that the color scheme of the schedule stuff is going to be what we should be expecting.

Reactions: Kjbert

I have a feeling that the color scheme of the schedule stuff is going to be what we should be expecting.
Isn’t there enough to talk about this week : ) ?

• Haha
Reactions: Kjbert and Shwafta

You made the 2021 thread and just wanted to make this one again?

Well per Q&A's early in the year, fans are going to be "very happy" with the design

Reactions: Higgs1 and Kjbert
Isn’t there enough to talk about this week : ) ?
Yeah but there's never not enough talk!

Well per Q&A's early in the year, fans are going to be "very happy" with the design
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I like talking about the new kits lol.

Which Q&A was that? Do you happen to remember?

Reactions: Kjbert and JayH

Is this like Brad Sims promising a stadium?

I recall hearing last year we were going to get more orange (they’ve taken it out of both this years home and our outgoing away). I know not everyone is down with orange but I’d be pumped for some orange in our new away. I’m just glad the EQT stripes are done. Awful design.

Reactions: Kjbert and Shwafta
I recall hearing last year we were going to get more orange (they’ve taken it out of both this years home and our outgoing away). I know not everyone is down with orange but I’d be pumped for some orange in our new away. I’m just glad the EQT stripes are done. Awful design.

Yea. There was talk of incorporating more orange into the kit. Though how much orange is uncertain. They gave us full orange warmup gear this year, so that might have been their response to all the orange requests. I just hope it looks nice. It'll be the first new design to have the star above the badge. it needs to do it justice.

Reactions: Schwallacus
Yea. There was talk of incorporating more orange into the kit. Though how much orange is uncertain. They gave us full orange warmup gear this year, so that might have been their response to all the orange requests. I just hope it looks nice. It'll be the first new design to have the star above the badge. it needs to do it justice.
I mean, they didn't know it'd have a star when they were designing it so...

Would be interesting to see what they go with. I’m just sitting here afraid of what awful template from other teams they might’ve taken from. What were some fairly new kits from the last year or so for other clubs?

Edit: Also Shwafta Shwafta given the start of the season is much earlier than normal I don’t think its too early to start talking about the new kit. I’m thinking we’ll see something by the end of January.

Reactions: Shwafta and Kjbert
First tip is usually the Third Rail scarf. I believe, but can't confirm, that NYCFC lets Third Rail designers know the colors to use so it matches the new kit.

Also a great moment to say, sign up for The Third Rail. It was a great 2021 for the organization from tifo painting, events in Nashville, New England, New Jersey, Philadelphia, and Portland for away days as well events in the City with another bourbon release and Q&A with the front office. $10 to all away matches for all members including MLS Cup (Philly really limited our numbers for the Eastern Conference Final). Donations to South Bronx United and old prior goalkeeper Brad Stuver's Laundry Project in Austin. It's only $30 for the season! If you'd like to join, hit the Join Now button at the top right of the page: https://www.thirdrail.nyc
ab2f9883-35ca-d68d-ff09-a6f689aa3e50.jpeg

First tip is usually the Third Rail scarf. I believe, but can't confirm, that NYCFC lets Third Rail designers know the colors to use so it matches the new kit.

Also a great moment to say, sign up for The Third Rail. It was a great 2021 for the organization from tifo painting, events in Nashville, New England, New Jersey, Philadelphia, and Portland for away days as well events in the City with another bourbon release and Q&A with the front office. $10 to all away matches for all members including MLS Cup (Philly really limited our numbers for the Eastern Conference Final). Donations to South Bronx United and old prior goalkeeper Brad Stuver's Laundry Project in Austin. It's only $30 for the season! If you'd like to join, hit the Join Now button at the top right of the page: https://www.thirdrail.nyc
View attachment 11742
That's everything I want in a kit so I hope that's true! Also the member card is hilarious lol

Reactions: Higgs1 and Kjbert

View attachment 11742
Love the colors! Very excited! Just hope it doesn’t look like FC Cincy…