2022 Roster Discussion

its rumor season again

and according to this tweet from last month ...he was set to join CFG but no one knew what team. apparently they see him as a good prospect at CB

I'll never understand tweets like this:
The 20-year-old currently plays for Quindío in the Colombian first division, where he has 1 goal in 11 league appearances this season.
- He's a centerback. why would we care how many goals he has? Tell us shutouts, tackles complete, # of tackles, something defensive... not goals? lol!

apparently the kid is following nycfc on instagram i dont have it so i cant confirm.

Reactions: Kjbert
If it's non-DP, I am a supporter.

His performance over the second half of the season was solid. He put in 11 assists, good for 6th in the league, and that's on fewer minutes than anyone else above him on the list, other than the leader (Gil).

If it's non-DP, I am a supporter.

His performance over the second half of the season was solid. He put in 11 assists, good for 6th in the league, and that's on fewer minutes than anyone else above him on the list, other than the leader (Gil).

And the most important thing: he stayed healthy this year. He is so clearly the engine of the team. I think this is great news if it's a non-DP, and it's still good news even if it is.

DP if he doesn't take penalties.

Non-DP if he does.

Can they put it in the contract?

Jokes aside. This is cynical but given our track record with DPs I really don't care if its one more year of Maxi as a DP. Even if Maxi's DP slot opened there is no recent evidence that the club would fill it quickly and even less evidence that it would be filled with a player that could contribute on the level of Maxi from day one.

Reactions: Kjbert
I believe Pulisic on loan to Barca. Makes a ton of sense.

CFG has to be the floor bidder on Taty. They’d be stupid not to be. And while I disagree with them on a lot of things, they’re not stupid. They’re usually very strong in finding value.