2023 Concacaf Champions League

That Atlas - Philly game last night was excellent.

The series was knotted at 2-2 with Philly ahead on away goals when the Union struck in the 75' to essentially put things to bed. If you haven't seen Jack McGlynn's assist on Philly's first goal, check it out.

This sets up a terrific semifinal between Philadelphia and LAFC - a repeat of the MLS Cup match.
Think we'll have a Tigres - LAFC final, a rematch of the 2020 CCL final.

That Atlas - Philly game last night was excellent.

The series was knotted at 2-2 with Philly ahead on away goals when the Union struck in the 75' to essentially put things to bed. If you haven't seen Jack McGlynn's assist on Philly's first goal, check it out.

This sets up a terrific semifinal between Philadelphia and LAFC - a repeat of the MLS Cup match.

As a bonus for NYCFC, Philly is off to a slow start in their MLS games which often happens with teams playing in the CCL. I always pull for the MLS teams in the CCL as it's good for the league when they do well, even better if it tanks regular season games for one of the stronger teams in our conference.

As a bonus for NYCFC, Philly is off to a slow start in their MLS games which often happens with teams playing in the CCL. I always pull for the MLS teams in the CCL as it's good for the league when they do well, even better if it tanks regular season games for one of the stronger teams in our conference.

unfortunately, we haven't taken advantage of the situation in the standings though.

but i have faith we will bounce back and find our form soon.

I think I mentioned this before but my son played with Jack McGlynn briefly. It's so weird seeing him out there now.

Disappointed that Philly advanced. Would have been delicious to see them knocked out, while floundering in 11th place or wherever they are.

Although come to think of it, even more delicious if they get knocked out by LAFC again. :D

Philadelphia,
ha ha simpsons GIF

"if only we had hollywood money ..." - Jim Curtin

once again Philly comes up short. For all the arrogance that their fans have (and Curtin too) over the past few years, they have ONE trophy (supporters shield in the shortened Covid year). Continually come up short when it matters.

The Philly narrative was “we aren’t doing well in the regular season because we are prioritizing CCL” - well you got as far as NYCFC did last year. still remember Philly coming to NYC right after NYCFC was in Guatemala, basically bunkering the whole time after an early goal and then crowing about how they beat NYCFC.

Can we all send a fruit basket to LAFC (who quite frankly is the model of what an MLS team can be).

Bedoya should have gotten a red card 2 minutes in.
Yes. That was a blatant red and he was lucky it was 2 minutes in because that had to be the only reason they screwed that up. There was a slight skim of the ball but that wasn’t enough to ignore the flying studs.

Reactions: SoupInNYC