2023 Season Ticket Thread

joe

Registered
Elite Donor
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
May 18, 2015
Finally a (generic, entirely un-personalized) email about re-becoming a STH...

(Feel free to move this to the 2023 STH thread if there is one. Search came up empty)

(Feel free to move this to the 2023 STH thread if there is one. Search came up empty)
Same. To be fair, my rep has occasionally inquired about my interest directly, just often enough to do his job without being obnoxious.

Yup & I clicked the link and then had to click that I’m interested and get sent to a screen telling me a rep will contact me.

I wonder if they will give me back my founder’s status…

Rep just called me. They won’t give me Founders Status back, but I could maybe get founder’s pricing. If so I can get a SS ticket for $460 this year, and I have $250 in credit still sitting there. So $200 for a SS ticket. Might just pull the trigger.

Also some interesting tidbits from the convo: He said there’s currently 11,000 STHs, they expect to get up to 18,000 this season with stadium news. Thinks stadium will be sold out at 25k and didn‘t hear anything about ability to expand it.

Rep just called me. They won’t give me Founders Status back, but I could maybe get founder’s pricing. If so I can get a SS ticket for $460 this year, and I have $250 in credit still sitting there. So $200 for a SS ticket. Might just pull the trigger.

Also some interesting tidbits from the convo: He said there’s currently 11,000 STHs, they expect to get up to 18,000 this season with stadium news. Thinks stadium will be sold out at 25k and didn‘t hear anything about ability to expand it.

that's amazing that they kept your account balance and credits. sadly, i think i left my account with $4.16 cents or something. lol.

Reactions: adam
Oh. Forgot to mention. They are trying to play most their games in Queens this year and Zero games in NJ, if possible.

Oh. Forgot to mention. They are trying to play most their games in Queens this year and Zero games in NJ, if possible.
in queens eh? so not just citi field...perhaps another temporary stadium as well in queens?

Emoji Think GIF

where's this info from? and I REALLY hope this is true lol

if this is really true, then we'd have to go to CT if YS or Citi aren't available, which might suck even more since it's harder to get to. but, hopefully they can schedule the season around the MLB season like they initially had in 2020 before covid hit and changed everything. 2023 should be the first season with no external interference (covid, world cup), so hopefully we can get all our games scheduled around MLB with as many as possible at Citi.

if this is really true, then we'd have to go to CT if YS or Citi aren't available, which might suck even more since it's harder to get to. but, hopefully they can schedule the season around the MLB season like they initially had in 2020 before covid hit and changed everything. 2023 should be the first season with no external interference (covid, world cup), so hopefully we can get all our games scheduled around MLB with as many as possible at Citi.
Agreed except for the World Cup part. Having the 2022 World Cup in Nov-Dec was a boon to MLS scheduling, since there were no summer tournaments. Gold Cup is next summer for 3 weeks.

Agreed except for the World Cup part. Having the 2022 World Cup in Nov-Dec was a boon to MLS scheduling, since there were no summer tournaments. Gold Cup is next summer for 3 weeks.

ah yes. also forgot we have a month long leagues cup too. scheduling will be interesting this year for sure. definitely not envious of that job.

twitter rumors ( at least from what i read) that is why the whole randalls island rumor came up.
Red Bulls no longer own the stadium, the Hudson County Authority owns it. Red Bulls probably have the same amount of power that NYCFC has at Yankee Stadium.

Red Bulls no longer own the stadium, the Hudson County Authority owns it. Red Bulls probably have the same amount of power that NYCFC has at Yankee Stadium.

true, but i recall reading they still have heavy influence on its use/ dates etc. so who knows if they really complained to the league.

where's this info from? and I REALLY hope this is true lol
I'll see if I can find it, but they made the announcement sometime toward the end of the summer.

Between the Red Bulls, NYCFC and whatever the NWSL team is called they felt the field was taking too much of a beating, thus the announcement that starting next season no more NYCFC home matches in Harrison.

Reactions: Shwafta