2023 U.S. Open Cup

LionNYC

Registered
Staff member
Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
U.S. Open Cup action started this week. Notably Manhattan SC won 2-1 vs. FC Motown.

Manhattan will visit Flower City Union in Rochester in the second round.

Reactions: moogoo

Seems the Open Cup is mixing it up a bit with the way they regionally draw teams into groups. Breath of fresh air instead of always getting New Jersey and the Revs.
Not that I don’t mind playing Cincy and the crew. But I hope they feel the need to add another derby game and we get the relatively easier USL team.

Reactions: moogoo and twsj91
NYCFC will begin the tournament in the Round of 32 on May 9-10 as one of eight seeded MLS teams (four Concacaf Champions League participants and then the next two Eastern and Western Conferences clubs atop the 2022 standings).

Welcome to the forum! It's great to have you here. As you may have noticed, the excitement is building around NYCFC's upcoming tournament. This is sure to be an exciting event and I'm sure we'll see some amazing performances from the club. Let's hope they can make it all the way to the final!

Welcome to the forum! It's great to have you here. As you may have noticed, the excitement is building around NYCFC's upcoming tournament. This is sure to be an exciting event and I'm sure we'll see some amazing performances from the club. Let's hope they can make it all the way to the final!
Yes LionNYC LionNYC it is great to have you here! It seems like you will be a fantastic contributor to the forums. Might I recommend trying the Legends Club before the match?

Yes LionNYC LionNYC it is great to have you here! It seems like you will be a fantastic contributor to the forums. Might I recommend trying the Legends Club before the match?
It's always a fun time prematch at the Legends Suite.

Robot Didnt Read GIF

Austin, Red Bulls, Birmingham, and Colorado all host in the Round of 16. And winner of their matchups will host in the Quarterfinals.
1683830937695.png

Yeah, the graphic is weird as hell but the matchups and potential quarterfinals/semifinals are right.

I'm not sure when the switch flipped, but Houston has been so entertaining to watch recently. I swear, they weren't nearly this fun when the season started.