Andrea Pirlo May Be Done For Italy, Warns Coach Antonio Conte

sbrylski

Registered
Apr 24, 2014
I think this warrants its own thread.

http://www.espnfc.us/italy/story/27...y-be-done-for-italy-warns-coach-antonio-conte

Conte added "if Pirlo returns to Italy I would be very pleased. He could train properly and would still make an impact. My fear is that by staying away he could lose all that."

This is something that will get Pirlo's attention. By all accounts, the Italian National Team is his #1 priority at this point of his career (besides the paycheck we give him). I would predict a loan might be the minimum that results from this, but I'm also wondering if Pirlo would actually ask for a full transfer back to Europe.

I think we'd be ok with that. Open up another DP spot again.

To the mod that moved this, can you clarify what content is supposed to be in Team News/Rumors and what is supposed to be in Supporters Discussion?

I interpreted this split to mean the former gets content relevant to the team itself, e.g. player and coach news, while the latter gets content relevant to anything tangential to the team, e.g. supporters groups news, media coverage, game day discussion, etc.

Therefore, I'm quite confused as to why my post was moved. Not that it matters, but I'm looking for clarity. Thanks.

I think this warrants its own thread.

http://www.espnfc.us/italy/story/27...y-be-done-for-italy-warns-coach-antonio-conte

This is something that will get Pirlo's attention. By all accounts, the Italian National Team is his #1 priority at this point of his career (besides the paycheck we give him). I would predict a loan might be the minimum that results from this, but I'm also wondering if Pirlo would actually ask for a full transfer back to Europe.

I think we'd be ok with that. Open up another DP spot again.
I like Pirlo, but a transfer back would be beneficial to him, and NYCFC would get both an open DP slot and presumably some coveted Allocation $$. Happy if he stays and happy(ier) if he thinks Italy is a better move for himself.

I'm just sitting stunned and saddened as I watch my Andrea's life crumble all around him! there's nothing i can do but ask what the hell? how ironic he comes to NY and now he has his own 9-11 nightmare. i'm not being disrespectful on that subject no one should ever make jokes on that !! but i don't know how else to put it since it's what happening to him. it's just bad bad bad ! and there's nothing i can do...nothing!.............i now edit this comment from the original post! my words were not as i hoped they be! so please let me offer a real apology and i'm serious as a heart attack when i say i fd up big time! i'm very sorry! thanks to the other postie for his advice on this very important subject! i sure hope those that read this will now take what i'm saying in the right way! For those who still are offended that is your Right this is the USA no one should take what we feel away! so to close let me say how i feel! I'm Sorry I was Wrong!!

Last edited:
I'm just sitting stunned and saddened as I watch my Andrea's life crumble all around him! there's nothing i can do but ask what the hell? how ironic he comes to NY and now he has his own 9-11 nightmare. i'm not being disrespectful on that subject no one should ever make jokes on that !! but i don't know how else to put it since it's what happening to him. it's just bad bad bad ! and there's nothing i can do...nothing!

Did you just compare... Pirlo's run with the team... to 9/11???

I'm just sitting stunned and saddened as I watch my Andrea's life crumble all around him! there's nothing i can do but ask what the hell? how ironic he comes to NY and now he has his own 9-11 nightmare. i'm not being disrespectful on that subject no one should ever make jokes on that !! but i don't know how else to put it since it's what happening to him. it's just bad bad bad ! and there's nothing i can do...nothing!
92282-what-the-fuck-does-that-mean-w-H5Pk.gif

Maybe go ahead and sit the next couple plays out...

By all accounts the Italian National Team is his #1 priority at this point of his career.

Really? Can you post a link or two to those accounts?

A year or so ago he (at a minimum) contemplated retiring from the Italian National Team.

Now the Italian National Team is his priority?

Did you just compare... Pirlo's run with the team... to 9/11???
NO the subject is Conte!! He said Conte agreed with his move to NY and nothing would change......Well What The Hell Happen?? Now there's a problem i don't understand Conte how could he do this?? When it's common knowledge Andrea's love for that Italy shirt borders on the insane!! Now i sit and watch his world just "POOF!" Gone ! He won't be the same! He won't play the same understand that! It's the worst for NY!! It's very bad! and there's nothing i can do! Hope this explains my point!!

Angela Miller Angela Miller It's generally bad form to say something horribly offensive followed by, "No offense." It doesn't actually cancel out the crazy offensive thing you said. And I'm an anti-PC police guy. But wow.

Things you shouldn't compare:
  • Hitler to casual shit with Jews
  • 9/11 to casual shit with New Yorkers
Know your audience.

Angela Miller Angela Miller It's generally bad form to say something horribly offensive followed by, "No offense." It doesn't actually cancel out the crazy offensive thing you said. And I'm an anti-PC police guy. But wow.

Things you shouldn't compare:
  • Hitler to casual shit with Jews
  • 9/11 to casual shit with New Yorkers
Know your audience.
Thank -You I agree 100% ! You are Right! I sure Fd Up!! When i'm wrong i say so ! How would you advise me to apologize in the right manner! Something real not like what a politician would do! You would agree how important this is! I'm grateful you were so bold in your point! Thanks for being straight up!

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Thank -You I agree 100% ! You are Right! I sure Fd Up!! When i'm wrong i say so ! How would you advise me to apologize in the right manner! Something real not like what a politician would do! You would agree how important this is! I'm grateful you were so bold in your point! Thanks for being straight up!
I don't think people here hold grudges against people who are trying to be good. Your post is a pretty good apology. I might also go back and edit out your previous post with a note saying that you removed comments you thought better of.

Keep your chin up and keep posting.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
I'm afraid you can't unring that bell. Seriously wish I hadn't read that.

I get your point. And I also encourage forgiveness for people who seem good hearted but make a poor mistake. I am a New Yorker, and this was a bad mistake. But the apology seemed sincere.
Thanks again! I took your advice and put in the edit! i can't change what i did but i can learn from it with the help of people like you who owe me nothing! Have a Good week!

I'm afraid you can't unring that bell. Seriously wish I hadn't read that.
You are correct on how you feel! That's what makes New York..New York! I'm not taking your Rights away! But it may help you to know i went back and put an Edit to the post that started this mess! No i can't clean it!! But if you can find it in you're heart i broke to read what i said that's all i can ask! Thank-You !