Andrew Jacobson traded to the Vancouver Whitecaps

He wanted to be closer to his family.

New York City FC Sporting Director Claudio Reyna showed his appreciation for the midfielder’s time with the Club:

“During the off-season Andrew informed us that he wished to move closer to his family. Out of respect for the player, we’re pleased to have agreed a trade which works for both Andrew and our Club. All of us at New York City FC would like to thank Andrew for his service to the Club in our Inaugural Season and we wish AJ all the best moving forward in his career.”

Jacobson said:

“I want to sincerely thank New York City FC for helping me make a move to be closer to my family. I also want to thank the New York City fans for making this past year such a memorable one. Playing for an expansion franchise in New York City was an amazing experience, and I am very grateful for the opportunity the Club gave me to be a part of making history.”

http://www.nycfc.com/post/2016/03/1...bson-vancouver-whitecaps-fc-exchange-targeted

Reactions: adam and Ulrich
45-im-so-excited-gif-466.gif

I feel bad for thesauerchise though. All his favorite players are leaving :)

A part of me is cynical about that:

Team: AJ, we don't see you getting nearly as much playing time this coming year, maybe not much of a role at all.
AJ: Well, if that's the case, I might as well be closer to home.
I also kind of hate that I'm cynical like that. Even if my guess is true, I do think it is nice of them to put this gloss on the trade.

A part of me is cynical about that:

Team: AJ, we don't see you getting nearly as much playing time this coming year, maybe not much of a role at all.
AJ: Well, if that's the case, I might as well be closer to home.
I also kind of hate that I'm cynical like that. Even if my guess is true, I do think it is nice of them to put this gloss on the trade.

im assuming thats exactly what happened...everything else is just a PR statement.

Andrew and my fiancé were high school classmates in the Bay Area. I've met him and his wife a few times, and they are great people. They just had a baby at the end of the season last year. I can't imagine how difficult it must be being a professional athlete in NYC and raising a newborn. This move makes complete sense.

Good luck back on the West Coast, man!

thats what the chatter is about now....who's salary gets bought down to bring in another DP type player.
As I've said before, I'm no fan of John Terry's, but I could secretly get on board if he came in and put a beat down on Ginger Dax......

Glad they were able to trade Jacobsen get something good in return and give him an opportunity to be out west and get a chance to play.

We have decreased our salary and received some TAM that can be used for another player.

Please no Terry don't want old EPL players we have one useless EPL old man in Lampard.
Let's not repeat the same mistake.

As I've said before, I'm no fan of John Terry's, but I could secretly get on board if he came in and put a beat down on Ginger Dax......

ayyy let speculation begin....one game in and already lots of drama. speculation, rants, trades this team is awesome...lol

Reactions: SoupInNYC