Atlanta - Postmatch

NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
I was able to catch the second half of this just shortly after we conceded. We dominated the best team in the league and had our way with shots on goal. Unfortunately nothing was going in and our CB happens to be our only goal scorer of the day. A couple of you said it in the shoutbox but that just boils down to being unlucky.
Amazing how open we played once Medina and Lewis were in the game. Would like to see that every week but at the expense of Berget.
Even Joe said during the broadcast he has no idea what Patrick sees in him and that PV swears up and down to them when asked that Berget brings something special to the team. Okay.

After the shitshow that was Wednesday, really needed 3 points.

So on one hand, we dominated the best team in the league and showed we are still a top team.

On the other hand, how did we miss so many damn chances!? We had a chance to go 1st in the East and we blew it.

Villa - 5
Maxi - 4
Shradi - 7
Berget - 6
Ring - 9
Ofori - 6
Sweat - 3
Tinnerholm - 6
Ibeagha - 8
Callens - 9
Johnson - 7

Medina - 5
Lewis - 5

Atlanta changed their tactics early in the second half. It took our staff about 15 minutes to either realize that or react.

For those dragging Berget, I hope you realize how crucial he was to our gameplan today.

Medina was holding his hamstring with 10min to go. Not that he looked good before that.

Villa looked like the exact opposite of what we expect from a DP.

A shame for the team to have thoroughly outplayed Atlanta and only end up with a single goal for the tie.

That ref was pretty one-sided with the calls and no-calls. Not sure why the falling ATL player wasn’t called for a handball in the box??? And the facial takedown of Isi on the side of the box sure looked like a hand to the face. Score one for MLS keeping game their prize in 1st place.

That ref was pretty one-sided with the calls and no-calls. Not sure why the falling ATL player wasn’t called for a handball in the box??? And the facial takedown of Isi on the side of the box sure looked like a hand to the face. Score one for MLS keeping game their prize in 1st place.

That shouldn’t be called a handball. Did he technically touch the ball with his hand in the box? Absolutely. But him touching it with his hand didn’t give him any advantage, the ball had already been stopped by his back.

Anyone think we aren't in the mix for Supporters Shield, CCL spot and MLS Cup this year after that game?
Not if we hit the post so much. And Villa has to be less selfish, or more specifically take better shots that aren’t reminiscent of 2015 I’m gonna do everything Villa.

That shouldn’t be called a handball. Did he technically touch the ball with his hand in the box? Absolutely. But him touching it with his hand didn’t give him any advantage, the ball had already been stopped by his back.
Nope. That’s a wrong interpretation.

That’s like saying he stopped a pass with his foot but the ball popped up off his hand before landing back at his foot.

Nope. That’s a wrong interpretation.

That’s like saying he stopped a pass with his foot but the ball popped up off his hand before landing back at his foot.
I don’t agree that they are the same situation.

I just think it’s one of those that sometimes gets called, but often time doesn’t. I don’t think it’s a conspiracy that it wasn’t called a PK. I would be upset it that was called a handball and PK on us

Best performance of the season. We dominated the best team in the league, and on another day it would have been 4 or 5-1. Wednesday was shit but we're in a good place. This will be a fun series in the playoffs.

Reactions: Sabo and Kjbert