Away - 02/15 Red Bulls

NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
We have added a friendly against Red Bulls to our preseason schedule.
Looks like it will also be part of the Tuscon DD Cup.

Kickoff 02/15 at 4pm.
Not sure if I'm up for this one... They kind of hand it to us every time. So we have a chance at losing to them 4 times this year lol.

So what are we expecting for this one? I'm expecting another James Sands start to get an extended look at him. I also want to see Camargo and Louima get playing time. I wonder if Ring will be ready to get some on-field time with the team yet too.

If Moralez is made official by Wednesday, I'll be watching what position Harrison lines up at too. Could move inside to his "natural" position to make room for Maxi.

Reactions: FootyLovin and adam
I want first team for all 90 minutes for the first game versus Red Bull. In the other two games Patrick can get creative and see what SuperDraft picks and other trialists deserve contracts, best 11, formation, tactics, etc.

Reactions: yogicen and BxLio91
So what are we expecting for this one? I'm expecting another James Sands start to get an extended look at him. I also want to see Camargo and Louima get playing time. I wonder if Ring will be ready to get some on-field time with the team yet too.

If Moralez is made official by Wednesday, I'll be watching what position Harrison lines up at too. Could move inside to his "natural" position to make room for Maxi.
I could see Sands not starting because it's RB. It's only preseason, but the team is going to want to win, and while he's probably got the hate for RB ingrained in him, that added pressure may be more than Sands needs in his second start.

If the Harisson move is coming why didn't we see it last match, seems like he should be getting as many reps as possible if thats the plan? Could have easily played Tmac on the wing.

Reactions: adam
If the Harisson move is coming why didn't we see it last match, seems like he should be getting as many reps as possible if thats the plan? Could have easily played Tmac on the wing.
We saw a lot of moves last preseason that didn't translate to the regular season. I think PV wanted to try TMac in the CM role to see if he could handle it. I'd also like to think that experiment is over. Maybe Harrison gets his chance next game?

Reactions: gbservis

WHAT IF we bring in Maxi as DP but don't start him. Complete troll job by the club.
giphy.gif

I could see Sands not starting because it's RB. It's only preseason, but the team is going to want to win, and while he's probably got the hate for RB ingrained in him, that added pressure may be more than Sands needs in his second start.

This is an interesting question. Amid all the excitement about Sands, I kept imagining with dread what it might be like to start a 16-year-old in the pivot against the Red Bull press. Maybe we can get a look at that before the games start to count.

Sean Davis could make or break their season. Without a like-for-like replacement for Dax, you're right that they could take a large step backwards.
Their defense has been going in the wrong direction for a while, and I think they've covered that up with the pressing. Dax of course, was a major key to that press. There is always a surprise team that tanks in MLS every season, I'm counting on NJ to be that team.

playoff teams: NYC, Chicago, Montreal, Toronto, Columbus, Atlanta

non-playoff teams: DC, NJ, Philly, NE, Orlando

Reactions: Ulrich and sbrylski
Their defense has been going in the wrong direction for a while, and I think they've covered that up with the pressing. Dax of course, was a major key to that press. There is always a surprise team that tanks in MLS every season, I'm counting on NJ to be that team.

playoff teams: NYC, Chicago, Montreal, Toronto, Columbus, Atlanta

non-playoff teams: DC, NJ, Philly, NE, Orlando
Don't count D.C. out. They figured it out the end of last season with Mullins. I think Columbus could be the casualty from your list if we're looking at a true linear progression from one season to the next.

I'm just waiting to see the implosion at Orlando when kreis fcks it up there considering their impatient owners.