Away - 09/30 Houston

Would like to see some squad rotation here. I know this is crazy but it will be about 85 degrees at kickoff. Against KC, Orlando and Red Bull - all games with high humidity and high temperatures, Pirlo, Lampard and Iraola looked awful.

Wouldn't mind seeing Bravo for Iraola in this one. Maybe even rotate out Pirlo for McNamara? I won't even say Mix because we know that's not happening. But can we go with Bravo, Tommy and Steven in the middle?

What's the story between Mix & Vieira? There is clearly sometihng between them as Mix has been sidelined all season. Which basically is stupid because we could have moved him on and brought someone else in the last transfer window.

Would like to see some squad rotation here. I know this is crazy but it will be about 85 degrees at kickoff. Against KC, Orlando and Red Bull - all games with high humidity and high temperatures, Pirlo, Lampard and Iraola looked awful.

Wouldn't mind seeing Bravo for Iraola in this one. Maybe even rotate out Pirlo for McNamara? I won't even say Mix because we know that's not happening. But can we go with Bravo, Tommy and Steven in the middle?

There will be rotation just with injuries, so not sure how much else we want to change. We don't know the status of Mendoza, so he might not even be available.

If Mendoza can't go, I would like to see TMac move back into the CM position, then have Harrison and Shelton on the wings. And for the love of all that is holy, put RJ at right back.

Also worth noting, after this game, NYC doesn't play again until Oct 16th

What's the story between Mix & Vieira? There is clearly sometihng between them as Mix has been sidelined all season. Which basically is stupid because we could have moved him on and brought someone else in the last transfer window.

There's a whole thread on the subject. Long story short; no one knows except those in the clubhouse. We all heard rumors and assumed they tried to move him in the transfer window (Columbus or Europe) but couldn't. We all also assume he'll be released after the season when we get our once a season expemption to release a player without a salary cap hit. Why he's not playing now till we do release him, your guess is as good as anyone's...

Reactions: gbservis and Kjbert
There's a whole thread on the subject. Long story short; no one knows except those in the clubhouse. We all heard rumors and assumed they tried to move him in the transfer window (Columbus or Europe) but couldn't. We all also assume he'll be released after the season when we get our once a season expemption to release a player without a salary cap hit. Why he's not playing now till we do release him, your guess is as good as anyone's...

I just wondered if anyone knew anything. For me it's very poor management all round. One of the reasons why I don't think Vieira will ever make it to the very top as a manager.

I just wondered if anyone knew anything. For me it's very poor management all round. One of the reasons why I don't think Vieira will ever make it to the very top as a manager.
Because you know what he has done as a manager related to this? Because you know what he and the team have and haven't done in trying to move him? Because you know the reasons for him missing the 18? Because you know it is PV being a bad manager rather than Mix being a bad team player?

Please, tell us all your insider info.

While I'm waiting, I'm going to go look at the standings to see which clubs are top of the table. I have a feeling that might give an indication (albeit imperfect for many other reasons) of how different managers are doing and what skill they might have for future bigger jobs.

Because you know what he has done as a manager related to this? Because you know what he and the team have and haven't done in trying to move him? Because you know the reasons for him missing the 18? Because you know it is PV being a bad manager rather than Mix being a bad team player?

While I'm waiting, I'm going to go look at the standings to see which clubs are top of the table. I have a feeling that might give an indication (albeit imperfect for many other reasons) of how different managers are doing and what skill they might have for future bigger jobs.

Calm down mate!! My opinion is based on reading many City fans who went to the EDS games (I did many moons ago) and couldn't figure out why he used certain players instead of others. How we seemed to be so bad defensively and how strange his subs where.

I seemed to recall more than a few similar posts on here.

No idea if Mix is a good team player, but if he isn't, why is he still there? Lopez or Mix? Even someone who has never watched footy (soccer), would tell you Mix was the vastly superior player.

The continious use of Hernandez at right back? Even at centre half he was a liablity.

PV may make it as a top manager, but you will excuse me if I don't hold my breath!

Calm down mate!! My opinion is based on reading many City fans who went to the EDS games (I did many moons ago) and couldn't figure out why he used certain players instead of others. How we seemed to be so bad defensively and how strange his subs where.
That's different from what you had said and is interesting info. I've never followed EDS so can't comment.
No idea if Mix is a good team player, but if he isn't, why is he still there?
We can't know, but I'd be willing to bet it's because no one would buy him in the last transfer window. It'll be interesting to see if the team buys him out this winter if they can't move him again.
The continious use of Hernandez at right back?
Could be PV prefers to balance an attack minded back (Mata) with a defensive minded back (Henandez). Don't know.
PV may make it as a top manager, but you will excuse me if I don't hold my breath!
100% agree. I have no idea. Wouldn't claim to one way or the other.

Reactions: Angela Miller
Its still nasty hot in Houston. Watched the game last night. 81 degrees but with a heat index of 88. The guys playing 90 were struggling by the end of the game.

Wade Barrett has them playing much better -- really focused on the defensive end and looking to counter. They are on their best run since the start of the season and will be looking to add us to the list of scalps after RSL and Portland.

We are a better team, though. Hopefully an early goal for us and no stupid defensive mistakes.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
Its still nasty hot in Houston. Watched the game last night. 81 degrees but with a heat index of 88. The guys playing 90 were struggling by the end of the game.

Wade Barrett has them playing much better -- really focused on the defensive end and looking to counter. They are on their best run since the start of the season and will be looking to add us to the list of scalps after RSL and Portland.

We are a better team, though. Hopefully an early goal for us and no stupid defensive mistakes.
For this game it's a plus that Lampard can't play - we need the youngsters legs in this one. Early lead and then counter with speed.

I actually think it's not unfair to say there is a failure in managing the situation when we get nothing from one of our most talented players. Whatever the cause, it can't be the first or only time it's been encountered in world football. It's fair to say, he failed at handling this situation to this point. Doesn't mean he's been a poor manager on the whole, as I think he's been fine to good most of the time.

I actually think it's not unfair to say there is a failure in managing the situation when we get nothing from one of our most talented players. Whatever the cause, it can't be the first or only time it's been encountered in world football. It's fair to say, he failed at handling this situation to this point. Doesn't mean he's been a poor manager on the whole, as I think he's been fine to good most of the time.
I'll contribute a small addition to this tangent discussion.

PV found a system or adopted a system that changed the smaller Yankees Stadium field from liability into a strength. I believe we're unbeaten in 7 games in a row now at home.

I seemed to recall more than a few similar posts on here.

No idea if Mix is a good team player, but if he isn't, why is he still there? Lopez or Mix? Even someone who has never watched footy (soccer), would tell you Mix was the vastly superior player.

The continious use of Hernandez at right back? Even at centre half he was a liablity.

I'd love to hear more about Vieira's reputation from eds. Any more info you can give would be appreciated. I think he started out strong here, and has gotten worse as the season has gone on. Mendoza at center mid is one of the strangest thing I've ever seen.

Oh, what's his rep in evaluating goal keeper talent?

Reactions: Midas Mulligan