Away - 10/30 Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif
Not that we have a true idea of what selection Vieira will choose or what formation, but it's fun to play. Here's what I'd like to see in the 18.

#StartEirik

View attachment 6059

Bench:
Saunders
Shelton
Hernandez
TMac
Taylor
Bravo
Martinez

I like it. But swap Taylor for Mix. It's the playoffs!

giphy.gif

After watching Toronto vs. Phili tonight, their defense is definitely vulnerable. They gave up a lot of second chances, and started to crumble under pressure, especially when the Union spread the field wide. Not sure if Vieira would ever do this, but I'd honestly consider dedicating a defensive midfielder to solely track Giovinco. He is just filthy... made 2 Phili midfielders look foolish with a ridiculous maradona. Obviously TFC have other weapons (Altidore, Bradley, Osorio, etc.), but you can't let their best player beat you. The best way to defend him - maybe the only way - is to prevent him from getting the ball.

These could be some very high scoring games.... But I'm confident we can get the job done in the 2-leg aggregate series... We had the best away record in the league during regular season, if i'm not mistaken!

Bring gas masks. Blake was getting pretty pissed with all the smoke being set off near his goal.
And the fireworks.
And the streamers.

In other words, all the stuff they don't allow at YS.

I like New York City's chances:
1) Great record v. Canadian teams
2) Best away record in MLS
3) Toronto played the midweek game. NYCFC got to rest.
4) NYC's DP's are players that are very experienced in big, big matches... and they're considered great because they performed in them. That composure can be massive for NYCFC.
5) It's usually considered an advantage to play the 2nd leg at home. And NYCFC have been almost invincible at home for the last 7 matches. A draw or win in Toronto, and TFC are in very big trouble.

Anything I'm forgetting?

EDIT: Oh, thanks for looking this up @HudsonRiverBlue

Got my tickets!! Hope to see more of you guys there!!
Flights booked. Ticket bought.

Anyone else going to Toronto?

I'll be there Saturday through Monday morning.
I'll be there!! Driving in from Albany. ETA depends on game time. Let's get together for some beers and some "off the record" NYCFC info Chris!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.