Away - 4/22 Portland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am kind of worried about this one. Seems like a classic trap game after a big emotional result against Atlanta.

We are traveling across country. Portland is off to a slow start, but there are a lot of good reasons why they will play better Sunday than earlier this season. They began the year with 5 road trips, including 3 across country to Eastern teams and another to Dallas. On Sunday, they're at home in front of that amazing crowd.

This is going to be tougher than it seems, and our guys need to be ready.
Yeah, I for some reason am not that comfortable going into this one. Some of the items you laid out above and a bit of a gut feeling.

I'd be happy coming out of this with a draw.

You guys sound as worried as the RSL game. Portland sucks this year, we are more consistent this year. This should be a win and nothing less
I'd go back and check to see what was posted. I wasn't worried about the RSL game.

And I can't really explain why I'm a bit lacking in confidence in this game. Just more of a gut thing. Hope I'm dead wrong.

As an aside, NYCFC’s schedule seems to be pretty brutal. After Atlanta, and now away at Portland (turf and atmosphere), get home vs an undefeated Dallas, then away against RBNJ and a surprising LAFC that just won four of six on the road.

Jeez. What this means is that there’s got to be some soft underbelly coming up - if NYCFC is still cruising in four-five weeks then they are really set up well.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.