Away - August 20 - Red Bulls (Postgame)

Ah, thank you Instant Replay for agreeing with us.

Will Chapman and the VAR team get any sort of reprimand for calling this "clear and obvious"? nah, probably not.

can we just cut our losses with Ronnie? the guy is as indifferent as ever when he talks about the team. doesn't even crack a smile. whatever he says amounts to nothing more than platitudes. We keep saying his "system" doesn't work, but I'm not so sure he even has a system. With Dome, he ripped apart the rigid structure Patrick built but even early in the season when everyone was all "DomeOut", there was "some" direction and even the harshest critics could see that there was indeed a system. I don't see that with Ronnie. He's lost. His subs make no sense. In my view, the guys do NOT want to play for him. When he first arrived, they were all gung ho and said they liked his energy but now I think it's changed for whatever reason.

We were down a goal and we had no urgency going forward in a derby.

Give Cushing the job and sack Ronnie before things get worse. I guarantee Cushing plays the true City style, not this bullshit Ronnie thinks is "similar to how we played last year". it's not similar at all. it's everything Dome used to complain about after poor performances: defending too deep and hitting too many long balls.

i remember taty was PISSED coming out and looked like he didnt believe he was being pulled out.

Ah, thank you Instant Replay for agreeing with us.

Will Chapman and the VAR team get any sort of reprimand for calling this "clear and obvious"? nah, probably not.

VAR continues to be implemented improperly. I'm not sure how applying a "clear and obvious" standard can be so unclear. If you can describe the situation as "it looks like" or "it seems like" then it's not clear. "clear and obvious" means it is or it isn't. there is no gray area. why boneheaded refs can't seem to grasp this simple concept is beyond me. VAR should have never called for/suggested a review.

WE. GOT. SCREWED.

I’m confused. He just says the VR and first official both agree it looks like a goal. I thought the standard was clear and obvious. Not that maybe kinda looks like to me. Without a different camera angle or goal line technology I don’t see how that gets overturned. Makes me wonder if the foul kicking it in was purely for the purpose of triggering VAR

Reactions: Schwallacus
I’m confused. He just says the VR and first official both agree it looks like a goal. I thought the standard was clear and obvious. Not that maybe kinda looks like to me. Without a different camera angle or goal line technology I don’t see how that gets overturned. Makes me wonder if the foul kicking it in was purely for the purpose of triggering VAR

the possible goal was the VAR trigger.

as many have said, VAR's "clear and obvious" standard is not clear and obvious to those implementing it. This guy even said there is a level of subjectivity due to the spherical nature of the ball. That's enough to make it UNCLEAR and NONOBVIOUS without a better, more conclusive camera angle.

Personally, I think refs who implement VAR improperly when reviewed after the game by a committee or whatever, should be penalized in some manner to ensure they do not make calls without being 100% sure. The fact that the ref said "looks like" in his mic to the VAR shows that it was not CLEAR. it is or it is isn't. a dog can look like a cat but it's still a dog.