Status
Not open for further replies.

NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
We begin our 2016 campaign with an away game at Chicago. Chances are that our schedule for 2016 will closely resemble that of 2015 in terms of away and home dates to easier accommodate MLB scheduling. At least that would be the smart way of doing it so as to not dance around both schedules again.
We'll discuss away...
Possible lineups and so on.
Don't have much in terms of broadcast yet but assuming this is a YES game.

March 6th at 2:00 PM

HYPE! Might finally have a good excuse to go to Chicago now. The offseason can't end soon enough.

Edit: bought my plane ticket. I'm ready to go to my first real away game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vallos and JayH
I'm about 90% going to be in-town for this game, so figure might as well push my return flight back and hit this game. Does anyone know if its a 2pm EST start or CST? The Fire's website says 2pm, ours says 2pm, so I'm not sure who to trust.

I'd trust fire. Except the fact NYCFC has the time listed as EST so... Maybe the time is just shown in eastern.

This game works out perfectly time wise. I will be attending it then heading over to Midway or O'hare to return to the east coast for my final spring break :eek:

This game works out perfectly time wise. I will be attending it then heading over to Midway or O'hare to return to the east coast for my final spring break :eek:

Had the schedule been released at time I planned a trip out of the country, I would have returned to the US at O'Hare on 3/5, stayed with family outside of Chicago, gone to the match following day, and then flown back to NYC

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Hey guys, I will be attending the match and will be in Chicago with a whole group of people from LI, staying in the Lincoln Park area of Chicago. Anyone getting there early Saturday and have an idea on a bar or place to go and meet up?? Maybe get some beers and Deep Dish "Pizza" that they have over in the Windy City.

Reactions: Majik and Fabio
Hey guys, I will be attending the match and will be in Chicago with a whole group of people from LI, staying in the Lincoln Park area of Chicago. Anyone getting there early Saturday and have an idea on a bar or place to go and meet up?? Maybe get some beers and Deep Dish "Pizza" that they have over in the Windy City.
I'll be out there with my 8-year old, so I probably have a slightly different itinerary :) I would love to know where the NYCFC LI contingent is sitting though so that we can be among some friendly, and local, faces.

Reactions: BEC SPK
I'll be out there with my 8-year old, so I probably have a slightly different itinerary :) I would love to know where the NYCFC LI contingent is sitting though so that we can be among some friendly, and local, faces.
I'm waiting to see if we can get seats in the away supporters through the Third Rail, but I may end up calling Chicago Fire Ticket Office and just get them over the phone.

Looks like the Fire are now selling single match tickets. I grabbed two in Section 130 which is near the NYCFC bench

Traveling to Chicago, in March, to sit outside for 2+ hours? This is an impressive bunch.

Got tickets in the Heineken Second Star Club. It's inside. All food and drink included. There is a coach talk before the game and player meet and greet after (although doubt I will stick around to meet Fire players). $300 per seat. Again, all drinks included.

I am planning business trips around many away games and expect to go to over 25 games this season.

Got tickets in the Heineken Second Star Club. It's inside. All food and drink included. There is a coach talk before the game and player meet and greet after (although doubt I will stick around to meet Fire players). $300 per seat. Again, all drinks included.

I am planning business trips around many away games and expect to go to over 25 games this season.

I am doing the same thing. We should arrange to meet up for a few! Special bonus for me is the Seattle match.... I have a conference in Seattle the week of our game there. Going to fly in a day early (Sat AM). Game at 3PM... BINGO!!

Hmm...NYCFC Legends single game tickets are $250 which had food and non-alcoholic drink included. With the coaches talk and players meet and greet would cost like $500 in New York.

Hmm...NYCFC Legends single game tickets are $250 which had food and non-alcoholic drink included. With the coaches talk and players meet and greet would cost like $500 in New York.

I didn't even mention the included valet parking, which I won't be taking advantage of.

How much a seat like this (inside, vertically mid stadium, at midfield) with all the amenities would cost at our SSS will likely depend a bit on where our stadium ends up. Toyota Park is in Bridgeville, IL 16 miles outside downtown Chicago.

Status
Not open for further replies.