Away - DC 10/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be there! Anyone else making the trip?

Also some confusion on actual game time. I've seen 3 and 5 listed.

Also, to add, the original game time was 5pm, the MLS decided to move all the East games to 3pm instead

I thought they were making all the games at 4 PM like they are doing for Decision Day...

wouldnt this be the last game at RFK stadium for nycfc. doesnt dc united have a new stadium coming up next year? still deciding whether i want to make the trip down to the capital. Is this specific game worth a sick day??

Eastern Conference plays at 3. Western Conference at 5. National networks will pick and broadcast one game each, so we could end up there.
I'd normally say there's no doubt they pick our game to broadcast because of our cast of characters and short history, but the matchup with the biggest impact could be the Philly/RB match. But it won't matter to me in the stadium.

I'd normally say there's no doubt they pick our game to broadcast because of our cast of characters and short history, but the matchup with the biggest impact could be the Philly/RB match. But it won't matter to me in the stadium.
Philly/RB match though is the week after. NJ has Columbus that week

I think I saw on MLSSoccer.com that this game will be broadcast on ABC. Could be wrong on this though

I think I saw on MLSSoccer.com that this game will be broadcast on ABC. Could be wrong on this though

Team says it will be broadcast on YES. DC United broadcast partner is their ABC affiliate.

Reactions: SoupInNYC

Ah ok. Thought we were discussing the final game of the season. My mistake.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Ah ok. Thought we were discussing the final game of the season. My mistake.
The final week, all of the games start at 4pm Eastern. The week before, all of the Eastern Conference games start at 3pm Eastern, and all of the Western Conference games start at 5pm Eastern.

Reactions: Kjbert and sbrylski
I think the national broadcast in 2 weeks is either going to be NYCFC at DC United or Toronto at Montreal. Those are the only two games in the Eastern Conference between two teams above the red line. I think it's also possible that they pick Columbus at New Jersey if Columbus beats Chicago next week and stays in the race for a playoff spot.

Reactions: Kjbert
For some reason, I can't see MLS doing a Canadian match-up for the US "National" feed, if that makes sense. It also may not make sense.

I think it will be us. Widely hyped and we have stars that NJRB and Columbus do not.

wouldnt this be the last game at RFK stadium for nycfc. doesnt dc united have a new stadium coming up next year? still deciding whether i want to make the trip down to the capital. Is this specific game worth a sick day??
No, new stadium at Buzzard Point is not scheduled to open until the 2018 season. They'll be in RFK next year

For some reason, I can't see MLS doing a Canadian match-up for the US "National" feed, if that makes sense. It also may not make sense.

I think it will be us. Widely hyped and we have stars that NJRB and Columbus do not.

But America loves rivalries and Montreal-Toronto in the 401 Derby are heated as Tim Horton's coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.