Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
LA Galaxy vs. New York City Football Club
Dignity Health Sports Park
Saturday, May 11th 4:00 PM ET

ESPN

NYCFC goes to the west coast to face Zlatan and LA Galaxy on Mothers' Day weekend.

Reactions: Kjbert
LA Galaxy vs. New York City Football Club
Dignity Health Sports Park
Saturday, May 11th 4:00 PM ET

ESPN

NYCFC goes to the west coast to face Zlatan and LA Galaxy on Mothers' Day weekend.

Did you just insult Zlatan’s mother?

upload_2019-4-25_0-47-35.gif

Reactions: Kenny
I still don't think LAG's defense is very good. That said, we've done pretty well defending crosses this season, so I think there's a bit of a chance we can neutralize Zlatan, especially with the size of our backline.

Will we be fully healthy?

F | Mitrita, Heber, Maxi
M | Matarrita, Ring, Ofori, Tinnerholm
D | Callens, Sands, Chanot

Do you play Maxi as an attacking 8 in Ofori's spot and bring in ITS as right forward, if everyone is healthy?

I had this great GIF. But after trying 4 ways I give up! NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan somethings broken with GIFs.

Anyway I was going to say I like the way you’re thinking to swap maxi for Ofori and get Isi on the pitch.

Will we be fully healthy?

F | Mitrita, Heber, Maxi
M | Matarrita, Ring, Ofori, Tinnerholm
D | Callens, Sands, Chanot

Do you play Maxi as an attacking 8 in Ofori's spot and bring in ITS as right forward, if everyone is healthy?
I think the only way to play Mitrita and ITS is in some type of 433/4231 or benching Heber and playing Maxi as a false 9.

I think the only way to play Mitrita and ITS is in some type of 433/4231 or benching Heber and playing Maxi as a false 9.
You don't like Maxi instead of Ofori? Maybe it ends up a bit more like a 3-3-1-3. I think we were talking about how in the attacking phase, Dome's 3-4-3 is very much like Bielsa's 3-3-1-3, but with less forward running from one of the midfielders. Maxi instead of Ofori would make it pretty much just Bielsa's 3-3-1-3.

Mitri - Heber - Isi
Maxi
Mata - Ring - Tinny
Callens - Sands - Chanot

Maxi instead of Ofori at LAG takes away some physicality and tackling in midfield in exchange for more offensive creativity behind the attacking 3. Maxi works hard on the press but he can't replace the amount of defensive interventions Ofori brings. Also Mitrita is definitely a black hole defensively and I don't know how good/committed ITS is in terms of keeping the fullback on his side in check. Add to that Mata, and we are offering a relatively soft path to overload Ring. OTOH we could score a bunch.

Maxi instead of Ofori at LAG takes away some physicality and tackling in midfield in exchange for more offensive creativity behind the attacking 3. Maxi works hard on the press but he can't replace the amount of defensive interventions Ofori brings. Also Mitrita is definitely a black hole defensively and I don't know how good/committed ITS is in terms of keeping the fullback on his side in check. Add to that Mata, and we are offering a relatively soft path to overload Ring. OTOH we could score a bunch.
Wasn't that basically the PV gameplan?

Reactions: Kjbert
I had this great GIF. But after trying 4 ways I give up! NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan somethings broken with GIFs.

Anyway I was going to say I like the way you’re thinking to swap maxi for Ofori and get Isi on the pitch.
This happened not too long ago but I can’t remember what I did to fix it.
Let me see if a uploaded gif works.
72B2071A-2D97-4F10-9EB5-A44F9B7C13EB.gif

Reactions: Kjbert and adam

I submitted a ticket. Can’t seem to figure it out. Hopefully I can sooner than later because it takes them forever to answer.
I’m at work right now.

Reactions: adam
Status
Not open for further replies.