Best Pre-game Bar?

I lived in the neighborhood for a year in 2006-07, and at least at that time, Yankee Tavern was the only one of the sports bars that was open on non-gamedays. For that reason, and because it's been there forever, it's my main recommendation. The Dugout (which I think opened for the '07 baseball season) has a roomy layout reminiscent of the old Ballpark Lanes bar, if you happen to remember that lovely rec room. The noise/faux luxury at Billy's and the crowds at Stan's are the main things to avoid in my book--although Stan's is a place you'll probably want to go to at least once.

One place I haven't tried yet--what do they charge for a beer at the Hard Rock?

I lived in the neighborhood for a year in 2006-07, and at least at that time, Yankee Tavern was the only one of the sports bars that was open on non-gamedays. For that reason, and because it's been there forever, it's my main recommendation. The Dugout (which I think opened for the '07 baseball season) has a roomy layout reminiscent of the old Ballpark Lanes bar, if you happen to remember that lovely rec room. The noise/faux luxury at Billy's and the crowds at Stan's are the main things to avoid in my book--although Stan's is a place you'll probably want to go to at least once.

One place I haven't tried yet--what do they charge for a beer at the Hard Rock?
Way to much. I only go in there during rain delays or bad weather yankee games.not a place to try and get a good pregame buzz. (Still better then Billy's tho.)

I know that this thread is primarily geared towards the bars around the Stadium, but if it's a late game and you're able to make a day of it, head over to the Port Morris neighborhood (off the 6 or the Bx33 bus) and check out the Port Morris Distillery and the Bronx Brewery.

I've seen a few folks (besides me and my friends) pregaming there. Both have free tours and tasty beverages.

http://www.portmorrisdistillery.com/

http://www.thebronxbrewery.com/

Reactions: Goodfella
Not very good and not a great selection. It's basically hot dogs, burgers, and pretzels, but beers prices are pretty good compared to other bars.

This may have been mentioned already but Yankees Tavern was suggested to me awhile ago and it's become our regular pregame spot. The food is decent, beer selection isn't bad and it's not very expensive. And it's a 1 min walk to the stadium.

Started at the Dugout last night, which had a great vibe. Unfortunately, their kegs weren't working, so we ran over to Billy's. it was more subdued - I assume because of the prices. Still a fun time.

Reactions: Schwallacus