Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
Name: Birk Risa
Joined Club: 7/17/2023
Position: Defender
Number: 5

2023-signing_1920x1080_RISA

New York City Football Club acquires Defender Birk Risa from Molde FK on a permanent contract through 2025 with an option for 2026 pending the receipt of his ITC and a P-1 Visa.

Announcement: New York City Football Club Signs Norwegian Defender Birk Risa | New York City FC

MLSsoccer.com profile: Birk Risa | MLSsoccer.com

TransferMarkt profile: Birk Risa - Player profile 2023

Twitter:

Last edited:

The above post by Crooks sent me down a rabbit hole. Turns out, Risa had 2 games at striker for Norway U-21s in 2017, when he was 19. The next year, they added someone new to the team they liked better at striker, so Risa played mostly LB, with some LW and LCB.

That led to this interesting lineup and box score in a group stage match against Germany.

IMG_0364.jpeg
IMG_0365.jpeg

The above post by Crooks sent me down a rabbit hole. Turns out, Risa had 2 games at striker for Norway U-21s in 2017, when he was 19. The next year, they added someone new to the team they liked better at striker, so Risa played mostly LB, with some LW and LCB.

That led to this interesting lineup and box score in a group stage match against Germany.

View attachment 13164
View attachment 13165
Remember hearing that Alex Callens also played striker in his youth days. I mean, those penalty kicks aren't coming from someone who always played central defense.