Bundesliga 2021/2022

Shwafta

MLS Cup Attendee
Elite Donor
Jan 16, 2018
Long Island
Welcome to the Bundesliga 2020/2021!

Teams competing: (promoted, defending champion)

FC Augsburg
Hertha BSC
Union Berlin
Arminia Bielefeld
VfL Bochum
Borussia Dortmund
Eintracht Frankfurt
SC Freiburg
SpVg Greuther Fürth
1899 Hoffenheim
1. FC Köln
RB Leipzig
Bayer Leverkusen
Mainz 05
Borussia Mönchengladbach
Bayern Munich
VfB Stuttgart
VfL Wolfsburg

MD1 scheduled for August 13th/14th, full schedule to be announced on the 25th of June!!!

Kits: https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bunde...ern-munich-borussia-dortmund-buy-online-15950

While we're at it, I might as well feature the BL2 teams as well because it's gonna be just as feisty.

Teams competing: (promoted from 3. Liga, relegated from Bundesliga)

Erzgebirge Aue
Werder Bremen
Darmstadt 98
Dynamo Dresden
Fortuna Düsseldorf
Hamburger SV
Hannover 96
1. FC Heidenheim
FC Ingolstadt
Karlsruher SC
Holstein Kiel
1. FC Nürnberg
SC Paderborn
Jahn Regensburg
Hansa Rostock
SV Sandhausen
Schalke 04
FC St. Pauli

Reactions: Schwallacus
What do you get when you cross two bottle jobs?
You get a bottle job within a bottle job.

What a lovely game for Hamburg, terrible for Schalke! I made a memento for them to remember this by:

Welcometopain.jpg

Bundesliga season starts in a few days!! Get your predictions in! For the heck of it.

Here's my prediction:

Borussia Dortmund (I can believe, okay? T-T)
Bayern Munich (Nagelsmann at the head will start off rocky)
RB Leipzig
Borussia Mönchengladbach
Bayer Leverkusen
VfB Stuttgart
Hertha BSC
Eintracht Frankfurt
VfL Wolfsburg
SC Freiburg
Union Berlin
1. FC Köln
1899 Hoffenheim
Mainz 05
FC Augsburg
VfL Bochum
Arminia Bielefeld
SpVg Greuther Fürth

Reactions: Schwallacus
Saint Pauli won the Hamburg derby 3-2 and currently sit top of Bundelsiga II . Too early to get excited about a possible promotion push?

Saint Pauli won the Hamburg derby 3-2 and currently sit top of Bundelsiga II . Too early to get excited about a possible promotion push?
No way. They don't have nearly the quality of some of the other teams, they won the derby because hamburg bottle the derby almost every time
1628884236897.png

That being said, the more I watch some of the 'big' teams that are supposed to be challenging for the top, the more I'm starting to be certain it's not going to be an easy season to go up for any of them. So I wouldn't be surprised if Pauli are in the top 3. Still way better teams ahead of them on paper.

Commentators on ESPN broadcast showing much love for Scally's performance against Bayern today. Seem like the German league would be a good league for Sands?

Reactions: moogoo
Commentators on ESPN broadcast showing much love for Scally's performance against Bayern today. Seem like the German league would be a good league for Sands?

i wouldn't be surprised of gladbach try to get sands too. he has gone there to train in the past, so they know him.

That being said, I do agree that Germany would be great for Sands. It fits his playing style so well. (Also, I watch German soccer so being able to see him on a weekly basis would be.... blessed)
Hope you don’t mind me asking… Why do you watch Bundesliga. I’ve watched a bit over the last couple years and have been lucky to watch some really entertaining matches. Not sure why but I really enjoy it over all the other leagues from what I’ve been able to watch over the same time. I guess I’m curious to hear what make the Bundesliga enjoyable in other peoples words.

Hope you don’t mind me asking… Why do you watch Bundesliga. I’ve watched a bit over the last couple years and have been lucky to watch some really entertaining matches. Not sure why but I really enjoy it over all the other leagues from what I’ve been able to watch over the same time. I guess I’m curious to hear what make the Bundesliga enjoyable in other peoples words.
I've talked about it in the past, but basically... I find the soccer entertaining. The fans at basically all the stadiums are tremendous, and the talent is very good. Yes, Bayern dominates... but there are still interesting stories all around. Lots of young talent, lots of entertaining soccer (has the highest goals per game ratio in the top 5 leagues,)... and also, just got into it earlier (thanks to their great youtube channel) than other leagues so it stuck... i guess?