Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Shwafta

MLS Cup Attendee
Elite Donor
Jan 16, 2018
Long Island
Welcome to the Bundesliga 2022/2023!

Teams competing: (promoted, defending champion)

FC Augsburg
Hertha BSC
Union Berlin
VfL Bochum
SV Werder Bremen
Borussia Dortmund
Eintracht Frankfurt
SC Freiburg
1899 Hoffenheim
1. FC Köln
RB Leipzig
Bayer Leverkusen
Mainz 05
Borussia Mönchengladbach
Bayern Munich
FC Schalke 04
VfB Stuttgart
VfL Wolfsburg

MD1 scheduled for August 5th

This season is going to be fun. Arminia and Furth are gone, who everyone knew were going to be very bad this season, and thus all the bad teams will be extra exposed this season.

I believe Stuttgart, Augsburg, Hertha, are going to be in for a tough battle for relegation. Might even put Koln in there because I can't see them managing europe and the league at the same time.

This season is going to be fun. Arminia and Furth are gone, who everyone knew were going to be very bad this season, and thus all the bad teams will be extra exposed this season.

I believe Stuttgart, Augsburg, Hertha, are going to be in for a tough battle for relegation. Might even put Koln in there because I can't see them managing europe and the league at the same time.
Glad to see both Werder and Schalke back, especially that the Rivier Derby (BVB - Schalke) is back after a brief 1 season hiatus. See how this summer goes, but going to be fun since it's also the months leading up to a World Cup- many fringe internationals trying to showcase their abilities to make the bench/roster at a WC. I wonder if any of Stuttgart, Augsburg, or Hertha pull a Koln and somehow manage to make it into a European cup spot??

Reactions: Shwafta
Glad to see both Werder and Schalke back, especially that the Rivier Derby (BVB - Schalke) is back after a brief 1 season hiatus. See how this summer goes, but going to be fun since it's also the months leading up to a World Cup- many fringe internationals trying to showcase their abilities to make the bench/roster at a WC. I wonder if any of Stuttgart, Augsburg, or Hertha pull a Koln and somehow manage to make it into a European cup spot??
If anything, I can see Bochum ramping up.

I fear Freiburg are going to be picked apart even past Schlotterbeck, but they ARE getting Ginter, so I'm hoping they'll continue with CL push.

The real question is what happens with Bremen and Schalke, and I think both will end mid table next season, Schalke might even end towards Europe.

Reactions: Schwallacus
Somewhat Insanely IMO Bundesliga 2 started today. Saint Pauli beat Nurnberg 3-2. If I had to pick a German team it's Saint Pauli. Even though I work for Volkswagen so maybe it should be Wolfsburg :D

Somewhat Insanely IMO Bundesliga 2 started today. Saint Pauli beat Nurnberg 3-2. If I had to pick a German team it's Saint Pauli. Even though I work for Volkswagen so maybe it should be Wolfsburg :D
Yeah, I was shocked when I found that out yesterday, lol.
Looks like they're getting a head start on the rest of the leagues for some reason? They usually start a week or two before the bundesliga as-is, but this is a bit insanely early!

Lewandowski to Barca official. Holy shit, I can't believe it actually happened!
I know he's been a complete dick about the for the last few months, but this is crazy stuff!

Yeah, I was shocked when I found that out yesterday, lol.
Looks like they're getting a head start on the rest of the leagues for some reason? They usually start a week or two before the bundesliga as-is, but this is a bit insanely early!
Yes, it's weird - nice to have as an option to watch, however.

One thing that is strange is you can envision 2.Bundesliga running matches through the World Cup. I mean, how many players in that league are going to be playing in Qatar? Makes me wonder if any of the 2nd flight leagues are going to keep playing through the Cup.

Yes, it's weird - nice to have as an option to watch, however.

One thing that is strange is you can envision 2.Bundesliga running matches through the World Cup. I mean, how many players in that league are going to be playing in Qatar? Makes me wonder if any of the 2nd flight leagues are going to keep playing through the Cup.
b1 and b2 are both pausing for the world cup, not sure about the 3 liga though.

I'm sure championship will also pause

Aight I'mma do my predictions.

Bayern
Dortmund
Leipzig
Union
Leverkusen
Frankfurt
Freiburg
Mainz
Gladbach
Wolfsburg
Koln
Schalke
Stuttgart
Bremen
Hoffenheim
Hertha
Bochum
Augsburg

Don't ask me why I put Mainz so high. I just think they'll do well this season with Svensson.
I think Augsburg are clear favorites to go down. If they stay up this year it's going to be a complete miracle.

The other bottom 6 or so I think are a random shuffle of really any being able to go down. I'd love to see Hoffenheim or Hertha go down, but I don't think it will happen.

Really nice goal by Pefok for Union Berlin.

Bayern looked like the pitiless machine they've always been and seemingly always will be.
Pefok looked pretty dangerous on a few other chances too for Union, hope he can get hot there the next few months. Would be great to have an in-form striker and show US strikers can succeed in the BuLi, especially since it seems like the Pepi train has been stalled at the station with no hope of leaving anytime soon.

Loved Mane up top for Bayern, what a great signing for us this summer.

Ricardo Pepi - biggest flop in MLS history?

Augsburg are about to send him on loan to Groningen in the Netherlands after he scored a whopping 0 goals in 16 games last season.

Augsburg are about to send him on loan to Groningen in the Netherlands after he scored a whopping 0 goals in 16 games last season.

he needs service. he made a bad choice going to a struggling team. but yea. total flop so far. hope he regains his form, otherwise he went from rising star to a nobody.

In terms of an outgoing transfer? Probably.

He was sold for $18 million, second highest in league history. Still hasn't scored a goal. On the other hand, he's only 19 and is locked up for 4 more seasons, so there is plenty of time for things to turn around.

Biggest outgoing transfer was Almiron at $26.4 million. I think he has underperformed, but he does produce and has been a starter at Newcastle ever since he arrived.

Third biggest sale was Gonzalo Martinez to a club in Saudi Arabia, where he's produced okay.

Next was Brendan Aaronson to RB Salzburg for $14 million, which was certainly a success as he was subsequently sold to Leeds for $36 million. Following Aaronson was the sale of Alfonso Davies to Bayern for $11 million - again an unquestioned success.

Others of note include Altidore transferred by Red Bulls to Villareal for $8 million back in 2008. He did not do well there and was loaned out a lot before being sold to AZ Akmaar for $1.65 million. He then performed great at Akmaar and was sold to Sunderland for $11 million.

Hot danggggg we've got ourselves a season so far! Union firing in all cylinders!! Pefok scored again! I hope he gets a shout at the world cup, he's clearly deserving of it. I know injuries, but he'll be back to work soon enough before the wc