CCL - February 15 - Santos de Guapiles (Away)

LionNYC

Registered
Staff member
Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
Round of 16, Leg 1
Santos de Guapiles FC vs. New York City FC
Tuesday, February 15 7 PM ET
Estadio Nacional (San Jose, CRC)
FS2, TUDN

Here are Santos' results from the CONCACAF League, which is how they qualified.

Preliminary Round
Verdes FC (Belize) 0-1 Santos de Guápiles
Santos de Guápiles 5-1 Verdes FC

Round of 16
Santos de Guápiles 1-0 Plaza Amador (Panamá)
Plaza Amador 0-2 Santos de Guápiles

Quarterfinals
Santos de Guápiles 3-1 Forge FC (Canada)
Forge FC 3-0 Santos de Guápiles

In the latest Apertura in Liga FFD (the Costa Rican league), they finished third. The year prior, they finished second in the Clausura after finishing 11th out of 12 in the Apertura earlier in the year.

Looks like they are playing their home CCL matches in San José at the national stadium.

If anyone wants to scout Santos, they play tonight at 7 p.m. You can get a free week trial for Fanatiz, which has Tigo Sports that carries the Tico Primera Division.

I may subscribe for a month just to watch them a few times and AFCON on BeIn.

EDIT: Never mind. Didn't work. They've got two talking heads on instead.

Last edited:
Just checking to see how our opponents are doing (0-1-1 so far, no goals scored) and see they have a league game Sunday at 4:00 before our Tuesday night matchup. Ouch.

Reactions: Kjbert
According to the Live Soccer TV app it's FS2 at 8pm. And my Spectrum guide says the same, with Cavaly AS vs the Revs at 6pm.

Reactions: Kjbert
Interestingly, in the behind the scenes video released today Keaton talks to the camera man and says it's possible he could feature a little bit in this match!

Reactions: Kjbert and moogoo
Interestingly, in the behind the scenes video released today Keaton talks to the camera man and says it's possible he could feature a little bit in this match!

he also said something about being full active training for the first time, maybe tomorrow. so it's probably unlikely we see him on tues. he wants to play of course... but i'd be surprised ronny gives him a run if he hasn't even had full training yet

Reactions: Shwafta and Kjbert