Coaching Staff Additions & Leaves (Other Than Head Coach)

getting this guy straight away softens some of the sting from #LampardGate *giggles*

Is Rochdale a more reliable news source than Adeliade United?

Well, Adelaide United never commented on Gombau leaving themselves, and all the news sources after the story actually broke refused to namecheck NYCFC, whereas Rochdale have themselves specified that Fradley is coming specifically to us, so yes, this is a definite thing.

Fradley just followed me on Twitter out of the blue. Per his bio there his title is Head of Performance Analysis. I haven’t tweeted about NYCFC since at least November. Then I searched his name here and was surprised to find this thread showing he was hired way back and we haven’t said his name again since before Pirlo’s first game.
What does he do exactly?

Fradley just followed me on Twitter out of the blue. Per his bio there his title is Head of Performance Analysis. I haven’t tweeted about NYCFC since at least November. Then I searched his name here and was surprised to find this thread showing he was hired way back and we haven’t said his name again since before Pirlo’s first game.
What does he do exactly?
He is a fradleyman, duh

Nope. It was 2:23 am and I thought I was being funny with a dumb response 😅
I guess if I saw it last night instead of this morning I probably would have lolled. Happy new year.

I'm still wondering what Performance Analysis is specifically:
  • analyze the data from those tracking vests
  • subjectively grading every player after every game or practice
  • working with other advanced metrics
  • ????

I guess if I saw it last night instead of this morning I probably would have lolled. Happy new year.

I'm still wondering what Performance Analysis is specifically:
  • analyze the data from those tracking vests
  • subjectively grading every player after every game or practice
  • working with other advanced metrics
  • ????
I think it has to do with tracking what players do using advanced metrics to try and help them improve their game in training, or figure out what a player does badly to try and help them avoid doing said thing.

Could also be used as "player X plays on the wing but seems to do everything well that would align with a center forward role, maybe we should try him there?"

Look what i found:

AND an NYCFC one... I JUST LOOKED AT THE DESCRIPTION. The talk is by.... none other than Dan Fradley!

I think it has to do with tracking what players do using advanced metrics to try and help them improve their game in training, or figure out what a player does badly to try and help them avoid doing said thing.

Could also be used as "player X plays on the wing but seems to do everything well that would align with a center forward role, maybe we should try him there?"

Look what i found:

AND an NYCFC one... I JUST LOOKED AT THE DESCRIPTION. The talk is by.... none other than Dan Fradley!
Thanks. I'll take a look.

Reactions: Shwafta