DC - Postmatch

At a family event and I won’t get a chance to post.
Shit match so far.
Postmatch Placeholder.

Villa rescues a point but we still look totally toothless from open play. No-one is cutting inside or looking for through balls past the defence anymore, and what on earth is Dome doing coaching so many lobbed crosses into the box when we have no-one tall enough to get on the end of them?

So Sean Johnson just sucks now?
fuck keeping amagat in, sands would have made the pass to spring Lewis near the end but amagat can't kick a ball 10 feet without using all his strength.
Dome out. Not at the end of the season, now. Stop making NYCFC the testing ground for people getting into coaching, I want a real coach with real experience. Give me a coach who at least is competent in all areas of being a coach. I wanted to give this guy a chance but we have ruined our fortress at Yankee stadium, we can't seem to get anything done, and worst of all we are FUCKING BORING TO WATCH! give me a coach that will play exciting soccer, I didn't come here for long balls to short people, I want 1 touch passing carving up opponent and domination of opponent in scoring as well as possession. Again give me a coach with coaching (not assistant coaching) experience.

Also get me a striker that strikes fear in defences, villa is done

I wanna see how this team looks with Berget back before I decide the season is lost. Just seems like the team still plays like we have a target forward, which Maxi and Villa are most definitely not.

I don't understand why it took so long to get a sub.

Offense just seems so inept, it's frustrating to watch

And I am not happy with getting a tie, but how many PKs did the ref miss? And what the hell was SJ doing on that goal?

As much as the Yankees and MLS suck for creating this ridiculous schedule we have to play, I honestly think we need these weeks off to get people healthy and get the squad on the same page tactically.

If we can recapture what we had for Domé's first five or six matches for the playoffs we might be okay.

I'm starting to think that was just-left over PV wearing off.

I'd say left over PV amplified by players wanting to prove themselves to the new coach, regardless of what it was its worn off now.

Reactions: Kjbert
As much as the Yankees and MLS suck for creating this ridiculous schedule we have to play, I honestly think we need these weeks off to get people healthy and get the squad on the same page tactically.

If we can recapture what we had for Domé's first five or six matches for the playoffs we might be okay.
I'm starting to think that was just-left over PV wearing off.
It was Lewis rescuing points in 3-4 games either directly or causing the turnover in press that led to it.

Dome was made to look good by the guy he won’t now play until the last 10min of a match.

One thing that would have changed the match today...

We were bunched up in the box. Decent crosses would go in and unlike Wednesday we were actually getting the first touch on them. The problem was that you’d have three guys going for the first ball and nobody playing off it or trailing.

Also, we were playing into the parking of the bus. Only in the last few minutes did we develop any depth in the attack. One result was the Amagat shot which may may been the best setup and shot of the match. Too little of that and too late.

Finally, two things:

If Taty lays off to Mata instead of attempting an impossible turn, we win the match.

If SJ cleans out Birnbaum as he should have, we win the match. After the last four days, I’m half expecting SJ to pull off his Mission Impossible mask to reveal that he’s actually Saunders.

Dome’s man management is killing the team. And if he’s such a master at set pieces, why pray tell is our best one still he skyball to the back post for a long range shot??? We just barely avoided a second rope a dope in two matches by a team more depleted than us, so the whole injuries & internationals excuse is moot. The only flower in this is that TMac is now personna non grata if he couldn’t get minutes today.

We can’t win on the road, and we’re not winning at home vs crap teams, so if this season turns around it’s a major miracle. Our season is effectively life on borrowed time and any more of today and we’re gonna be asking for the morphine drip to go way up.

Reactions: ktdNYCFC
I didn't bring a rain jacket. I was wet and pissed and the match sucked.

The referees are eternally trash in this league.

I don't know who got fucked worse today by officials: NYCFC or Serena Williams.

Last edited:
Got some serious 2016 vibes watching that game...lots of aimless possession, some horrorshow goalkeeping, some gaping black holes of quality across both teams' midfields. And then Villa does something great at the end and we maybe don't lose. No one should have expected a classic from two teams who couldn't put out a full 18.

Maxi had a horrible game today, and we never play well when he doesn't. I have some serious doubts about Castellanos' ability to be 'the guy', but under normal circumstances he wouldn't be anywhere near the team. I'm just glad this bullshit run of games is over - we've been unlucky at times, uncharacteristically stale at others. But the two consistents have been that we're depleted and frustrated, and it hasn't been fun to watch. Hopefully a couple of weeks off will do the trick. We're far from done yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kenny and JayH
Can the mods just repost all the discussion from the Revs game and do a global change from New England to DC? It's all been covered.

Should I just find a post match discussion from 2015 instead and copy paste everything?

There was a ton of arguing and finger pointing going on between a lot of the players. Nobody has any idea what the others are gonna do half of the time. And Villa was visibly pouting and walking for the last 15. I’d venture there’s either a fractured locker room or one teetering on it.