Death Watch 2015: Match Week 25 Edition

Mikeylito

Registered
Elite Donor
Mar 31, 2014
Bay Shore
mikeylito.blog
Rankings are based on Maximum Possible Points (MaxP) for the season.
These point totals can't be exceeded; they can only be reduced by a draw or a loss.

Eastern Conference
1) 72 - NY Red Bulls
2) 65 - DC United
3) 64 - Montreal
4) 64 - Toronto
5) 62 - Columbus
6) 61 - New England
7) 52 - Chicago
8) 52 - NYCFC
9) 52 - Orlando City
10) 51 - Philadelphia

Western Conference
1) 70 - Kansas City
2) 69 - Vancouver
3) 68 - FC Dallas
4) 67 - LA Galaxy
5) 64 - Portland
6) 62 - San Jose
7) 59 - Seattle
8) 59 - Houston
9) 57 - Colorado
10)56 - Real Salt Lake

City dropped 5 points this week and dropped to eighth place in the East,
I still think Columbus is our best target but drawing against them Wednesday really hurt.
Also, New England is a good target as well.
Not much else.

I know Montreal ranks 2 pts higher than Columbus here, but they have 4 extra games in which to drop points.

One of the reasons I keep leaving out Toronto and Montreal from my scenarios is that, using Week 25's numbers, the difference between them and City is 12 MaxP. That's the equivalent of four losses. In other words, either of them would have to lose four of their remaining games just to be EVEN with City now. And City couldn't lose or draw another match while that was happening.

On the other hand, New England and Columbus are easily targets, although that was made more difficult by last Wednesday's draw. As you may know because you have actually been reading, I had already factored in losses to the Galaxy, Whitecaps and United. However, City would have to win every other game and they blew that dropping two points to Columbus.

By necessity, they are going to have to win one of the games I had written off as a loss while winning the other six games.

As for targeting Columbus, they have a similarly difficult schedule as we do. We're gonna need New England to lose two games more than we lose the rest of the way in order for that last home game to be significant.

As least, this is the way I see it.
I'm open to other interpretations.

One of the reasons I keep leaving out Toronto and Montreal from my scenarios is that, using Week 25's numbers, the difference between them and City is 12 MaxP. That's the equivalent of four losses. In other words, either of them would have to lose four of their remaining games just to be EVEN with City now. And City couldn't lose or draw another match while that was happening.

On the other hand, New England and Columbus are easily targets, although that was made more difficult by last Wednesday's draw. As you may know because you have actually been reading, I had already factored in losses to the Galaxy, Whitecaps and United. However, City would have to win every other game and they blew that dropping two points to Columbus.

By necessity, they are going to have to win one of the games I had written off as a loss while winning the other six games.

As for targeting Columbus, they have a similarly difficult schedule as we do. We're gonna need New England to lose two games more than we lose the rest of the way in order for that last home game to be significant.

As least, this is the way I see it.
I'm open to other interpretations.
I think we're all just grasping at straws. Might as well pick different ones.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan