Design Our Derby T-Shirt!

Vallos

Registered
Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 10, 2015
Section 205, Row 1
Email.jpg

Have a t-shirt idea for our upcoming derby on May 21? Get to it and design it!

New York City FC are giving fans the chance to design the official Club t-shirt for the upcoming Derby game against Red Bulls! This is the first time we've ever given fans the opportunity to design some official merchandise, and we're really excited to see what you've got!

The winning design will be produced and sold exclusively at Yankee Stadium on Derby day, May 21. Meanwhile the winning designer will receive the t-shirt they designed signed by the First Team and 2 x match tickets!

And it's all happening here on City Voice!

Here's how the competition will work:

• City Voice members submit t-shirt designs (before the deadline of 5pm EDT on April 26)
  • Three t-shirt designs will be selected and City Members will vote for the winning t-shirt via the Cityzens Portal website
  • The design which receives the most votes will then be declared the winner
Interested? Here are some designer guidelines:

• To submit a design, post your picture or image in the discussion below
  • All submissions must be under 5 megabytes and be either JPEG, JPG or PNG
  • Design with one of these background colors: White, sky blue, dark blue, grey
  • Artwork should be limited to the front panel of the t-shirt
  • Designers are encouraged to use, but not necessarily limited to, the New York City FC colors (you can find them in an image on the carousel on the right hand side of this page)
  • No profanity will be accepted
  • All elements within the design must be your own work, excluding Club logo
  • If your design is selected, final artwork must be provided in vector eps format
Click here to see the rules in more detail. If you have any questions, please post them in the discussion below.

Good luck, and get designing!

I have no photoshop experience but my idea would be a dark grey t-shirt background with the following bold block betters:

NEW YORK
IS BLUE
AND WHITE

Dark blue for "NEW YORK IS", City blue for "BLUE", orange for "AND" and white "WHITE." Replace the "O" in NEW YORK with the NYCFC logo.

Then again, I'm sure NYCFC will have their pick the final three just to be safe.

Made on Microsoft Word...

Derby Shirt.jpg

Last edited:
I have no photoshop experience but my idea would be a dark grey t-shirt background with the following bold block betters:

NEW YORK
IS BLUE
AND WHITE

Dark blue for "NEW YORK IS", City blue for "BLUE", orange for "AND" and white "WHITE." Replace the "O" in NEW YORK with the NYCFC logo.

Then again, I'm sure NYCFC will have their pick the final three just to be safe.
Nice... a subtle jab to say they aren't from NY. The question is, would they have the balls to sanction a shirt calling them out like that.

NEW YORK
IS BLUE
AND WHITE

Made on Microsoft Word...

View attachment 4721
Using the Transitive Property, the shirt could be:

NEW YORK
IS BLUE
AND ETHAN

lame... it feels like they are not trying to come up with something themselves. i get it its more "fan inclusion" but still

EDIT: that being said.....crying jordan in red bull jersey