Did You Know....? Founders Wall!

Cole Caulfield

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Sep 21, 2015
So maybe I missed the fine print, and I've gone back looking for it to no avail, but if you do not continue your founding membership until the new stadium is built your name will not be on the wall. here is an excerpt from an email I got from am account exec with nycfc. "In order to be on the Founding Members Wall at the new stadium, everyone must have their account active until the stadium is built." I had explained I cannot afford to continue my membership due to reasons not relative. I feel slighted, I know it's not the reason top be a founding member but I was kinda proud of this and even fantasized my 4yo son growing up to maybe show his kids our names. What do you guys think?

Reactions: TabascoDiva
I know what you mean. I also emailed the club prior to renewing. A bit of a let down but get the business decision. Otherwise someone could have bought a mini season package for 2015 for $100 to be considered a "Founding member" and reap the same benefits as a legitimate season ticket holder.

Cole Caulfield Cole Caulfield , I know what you mean. I thought I was a founding member until recently. On October 23, team practice for Citizens members. In a conversation with with one Fan Services executive, someone asked where was the wall? It was pointed to us and someone asked if every STH name was on the wall? Answer was no. ONLY the first THREE THOUSAND people that bought tickets at that time would have their name on the wall.
I asked if I was one of those 3k , answer was that if I got an Email asking for the correct spelling of my name for the wall then I was a Founding Member. I don't remember If I did get that blasted email. Or if I did ignored it. Now I have to call them to find out. The thing is that I am heartbroken about that piece of information and have not called
because I still want to be in a false bubble of optimism.:oops:o_O:confused:

I know what you mean. I also emailed the club prior to renewing. A bit of a let down but get the business decision. Otherwise someone could have bought a mini season package for 2015 for $100 to be considered a "Founding member" and reap the same benefits as a legitimate season ticket holder.
even still they marketed it as a benifits up to the very last game! I know as "danger" pointed out I sound like I'm whining but the reality is we were promised something to make us feel special getting in at the beginning. My circumstances for not re-upping,at the risk of sounding but hurt and inviting more trollery, are medically related and i will have to prioritize paying for multiple surgeries over season tickets. Funny a grave was used to mock me as I almost died twice in a week. I'm just happy top watch another game. I'm going to try and hash this out further with the office.

There's the wall on center field at Yankee Stadium, but there's also this:

Opportunity to have your name etched in stone and on display as a Founding Member at New York City FC’s future soccer-specific stadium (1 name per account - 1 account per household)

Reactions: Cole Caulfield
even still they marketed it as a benifits up to the very last game! I know as "danger" pointed out I sound like I'm whining but the reality is we were promised something to make us feel special getting in at the beginning. My circumstances for not re-upping,at the risk of sounding but hurt and inviting more trollery, are medically related and i will have to prioritize paying for multiple surgeries over season tickets. Funny a grave was used to mock me as I almost died twice in a week. I'm just happy top watch another game. I'm going to try and hash this out further with the office.

I apologize for being seeming to flippant on a situation that is very serious . It was not my intention. My prayers and best wishes on your medical and health.

There's the wall on center field at Yankee Stadium, but there's also this:

Opportunity to have your name etched in stone and on display as a Founding Member at New York City FC’s future soccer-specific stadium (1 name per account - 1 account per household)
and I've looked back at every blog post, the letter ireceived with my tickets and the email conversation I had back when I bought the tickets about this very topic. I want specific enough when I asked about name spelling if it would carry over to the new stadium.

I apologize for being seeming to flippant on a situation that is very serious . It was not my intention. My prayers and best wishes on your medical and health.
no apology needed you didn't say anything bad. I said what ever to"danger" because I tried really hard to make my post as fair to the club and not sound like I'm a cry baby. I even avoided mentioning why I'm not continuing to avoid dks like the above mentioned naming fun of that.guess you can't win. Thank you for your response though I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking I was slighted.

Cole Caulfield Cole Caulfield , I know what you mean. I thought I was a founding member until recently. On October 23, team practice for Citizens members. In a conversation with with one Fan Services executive, someone asked where was the wall? It was pointed to us and someone asked if every STH name was on the wall? Answer was no. ONLY the first THREE THOUSAND people that bought tickets at that time would have their name on the wall.
I asked if I was one of those 3k , answer was that if I got an Email asking for the correct spelling of my name for the wall then I was a Founding Member. I don't remember If I did get that blasted email. Or if I did ignored it. Now I have to call them to find out. The thing is that I am heartbroken about that piece of information and have not called
because I still want to be in a false bubble of optimism.:oops:o_O:confused:

if you got one of the scarfs with your name on it you are the 1st 3000

Cole Caulfield Cole Caulfield Not to make light of your situation but I'm like 90% sure that pic is from the old computer game "Oregon Trail". If that's from before your time I can see how you might not see the light heartedness in it. I know the pain of unexpected medical bills - be well, brother.

Also, I was not aware that the names on the brick thing was limited to the first three thousand members. If that is accurate, I'm going to be butthurt about it too. My name is on the YS "wall" - seen it in other people's photos.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
The name on the brick wall is not limited to the first 3000 members, because they constantly promoted that to those who joined after the first 3000 seats were sold.

The requirement to keep your tickets until the new stadium is built was always clear to me from the beginning. It's possible their disclosure became less clear over time. Makes the wait for them to actually build the thing a bit more fraught. And I don't think it's limited to the first 3,000.

if you got one of the scarfs with your name on it you are the 1st 3000

I got the scarf with my name on it, But the executive said that there was also another email asking confirmation for the spelling of the name for the wall. He also stated he was going to find out for sure. I asked If I could take a peek at the wall. He said no. Only way was to use my cityzen points. Like hell I am going to waste my points on the possibility to check the wall and not find my name. I will call one of this days, just like I stated above. let me stay on this false bubble of air-headeness . Lol

Reactions: northernburbs
I never saw anything about continued membership for the new stadium. If they said it once they should have said it every time.

Only way was to use my cityzen points.

This is one of the more absurd things about this season ticket-ship! Almot as bad as star wars night! I get that it is in a place no one can see it on the field somewhere behind the visitors bench - but it's made of vinyl not wall. Why not bring it out for one of these fan fests I keep hearing about that shows how much I'm appreciated or something.

I think it also says founding members "have the opportunity " to have their name. That opportunity may come at a cost.
Oh, there will be a cost, we can all count on it. I always thought the use of the term "opportunity" clearly indicates that we haven't been presented with Part II of the equation.