Do we give any Fuchs?

MLS has a way of changing your position.

I really don't know much about his game. Watched a good deal of Leicester this year but he never stood out to me. He has a great reputation as a person, a player and a locker room influence. Captain of his National Team. Seems to fit what we're doing.

Maybe he pulls a Lahm/Iraola and he's our next 6?

I saw about half of Leicester's games this year. He isn't the sort of guy who stands out at that level but is solid. He could stand out MLS because his technical skill and defensive awareness are so far beyond the league generally. So much of being a good defender in this league is not making huge mistakes (the popped up header, the missed clearance, failing to track a runner etc). He isn't the most athletic guy, so the risk is that, in another two years, he doesn't have the pace to play at LB. So, it could be something like Iraola who really never worked well at FB, but who you can make use of elsewhere. That said, I would think the transition from the EPL to MLS is more straight-forward than the transition from La Liga though.

My guess is that, by that point in his career and given his personal situation, we wouldn't need to do use a DP slot on him. More of a TAM type player. It is nice to have it fall in our lap if it does come to pass.

There's only one explanation for why Fuchs wants to play for the Cosmos...he's been in a coma for the past forty years and thinks the Cosmos are the star team of American soccer.

Reactions: Kjbert