EPL 2019-2020 Prediction Competition (With enticing prize)!

Shwafta

MLS Cup Attendee
Elite Donor
Jan 16, 2018
Long Island
Hello people!

I figured it would be fun to try to guess the final standings of the EPL for this season. Also, because I shamelessly love competitions. To encourage participation, I'll buy the winner two beers of their choice at the first opportunity in-stadium next season! ...If I win it, I buy myself two beers I guess? If you do not want beers, you may PM me after your victory and I can get you something else!

Rules and guidelines:

Score will be based on four things:

1) Champion
2) Champions League Qualification
3) Europa League Qualification
4) Relegation

Please list the teams starting from #1 to #20 in a format like so:
1) Team FC
2) Team2 FC
etc.
I'd prefer if you use official names (i.e. "Everton" rather than "the Toffees")

Point calculation:
  • For each team: +1 point per deviation from official final position
  • Correct Champion: -3 points
  • Correct Champions League Qualification (not including champion or EL winner): -.5 points per team
  • Correct Europa League Qualification (not including cup competitions): -.5 points per team
  • Correct Relegation candidates: -1 point per team
Lowest score wins!

Tiebreakers:

• Most amount of teams guessed in the correct position
  • Most amount of correctly guessed Champion+UCL+EL+Relegation teams

Submission deadline is kickoff on the first day of the 2019-2020 season, August 9th at 3pm EST. Transfer deadline for EPL is August 8th, so this should be plenty of time to put together your thoughts for the season.

-Note- I'd like at least 5 participants in order to kick off the competition. If we don't reach 5 participants, I'll void the competition's reward, and it'll just be for fun

Last edited:
Reactions: Schwallacus
I'll take potential free beer. Here we go;

1. Manchester City
2. Tottenham
3. Liverpool

4. Manchester United
5. Chelsea
6. Everton

7. Arsenal
8. Leicester
9. Watford
10. Wolverhampton Wanderers
11. West Ham United
12. Burnley
13. Newcastle United
14. Bournemouth
15. Aston Villa
16. Crystal Palace
17. Southampton
18. Brighton Hove Albion
19. Sheffield United
20. Norwich City

No fucks given, but I don't think anyone has the depth/oil money to catch City again. Liverpool are going to be tired from their Championship run and Champions League last year, while also not having Mane right away doesn't help either.
A lot of potential moves to be made before the transfer window closes, do I have a chance to change my spots up until the window closes? Man Utd could either be really good or really bad depending if they get some of their 5 billion rumors to be true. No complaints either way, just curious.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shwafta
I'll take potential free beer. Here we go;

1. Manchester City
2. Tottenham
3. Liverpool

4. Manchester United
5. Chelsea
6. Everton

7. Arsenal
8. West Ham United
9. Leicester
10. Watford
11. Wolverhampton Wanderers
12. Crystal Palace
13. Newcastle United
14. Bournemouth
15. Aston Villa
16. Burnley
17. Southampton
18. Brighton Hove Albion
19. Sheffield United
20. Norwich City

No fucks given, but I don't think anyone has the depth/oil money to catch City again. Liverpool are going to be tired from their Championship run and Champions League last year, while also not having Mane right away doesn't help either.
A lot of potential moves to be made before the transfer window closes, do I have a chance to change my spots up until the window closes? Man Utd could either be really good or really bad depending if they get some of their 5 billion rumors to be true. No complaints either way, just curious.
Doesn't the window close before the season begins? If it doesn't, I can allow until transfer window closes.
Window closing or league starting, whichever comes latest!

1) City
2) Liverpool
3) Spurs
4) Arsenal
5) Chelsea
6) Leicester
7) Man U
8) Everton
9) Burnley
10) Wolves
11) West Ham
12) Watford
13 Bournemouth
14) Crystal Palace
15) Southampton
16) Aston Villa
17) Brighton
18) Newcastle
19) Norwich
20) Sheffield United

Not very confident with my 4-7. I think Chelsea is a lot worse without Hazard than people realize. I think United will crash and burn. Everton just like Gana who was probably our most important defensive piece. Wolves should be good but their season starts in UEL in two weeks. West Ham stinks. Watford is solidly mediocre. Burnley will get 43 points and finish mid table. Same with Bournemouth but it will look prettier. Brighton, Southampton and Villa aren’t that good. Lucky for them, Norwich and Sheffield United drink. And then we have Newcastle. Rafa kept them up with masking tape the last couple of years. They stink.

1) Liverpool
2) City
3) Arsenal
4) Spurs

5) Chelsea
6) Wolves
7) United

8) Everton
9) West Ham
10) Burnley
11) Leicester
12) Crystal Palace
13) Bournemouth
14) Watford
15) Newcastle
16) Aston Villa
17) Norwich
18) Southampton
19) Brighton
20) Sheffield United

I personally think Norwich is gonna surprise us all, kinda like Brighton did two seasons (three?) ago. However, Southampton has been on their way down for like 4 years already and magically haven't, but I think this year it'll finally happen. The fight at the top is gonna be interesting, but I'm pretty sure Arsenal is going to look good this year, and spurs are gonna falter a bit unless some of those rumored signings go through.

Last edited:
Going to wait till the transfer window closes or gets a little closer. I'd probably have City, Liverpool , Spurs (Think those 3 are quite a bit better than everyone else. Currently would have Spurs the bottom of the triangle but if they really pull of a coup and sign Dyabala that narrows the gap between them and the other two substantially in my mind.

Reactions: Kjbert and Shwafta
Going to wait till the transfer window closes or gets a little closer. I'd probably have City, Liverpool , Spurs (Think those 3 are quite a bit better than everyone else. Currently would have Spurs the bottom of the triangle but if they really pull of a coup and sign Dyabala that narrows the gap between them and the other two substantially in my mind.

Windows closes August 8th. Therefore, I'll allow changes or posts until August 9th at 3pm EST when the first game kicks off. I'll post before so you do't forget! :p

Reactions: Kjbert
1) Liverpool
2) Manchester City
3) Tottenham Hotspur
4) Manchester United
5) Arsenal
6) Wolverhampton Wanderers
7) Chelsea
8) Everton
9) Leicester City
10) West Ham United
11) Watford
12) Crystal Palace
13) Bournemouth
14) Aston Villa
15) Burnley
16) Norwich
17) Southampton
18) Newcastle United
19) Sheffield United
20) Brighton & Hove Albion
The fight at the top is gonna be interesting
You left Leicester off of your list.

Reminder that the premier league season begins this Friday! We're slowly approaching the transfer deadline! Get your edits and posts in before the start of the season!

1) Citeh
2) Liverpool
3) Tottenham Hotspur
4) Chelsea
5) Arsenal
6) Man U
7) Wolves
8) Everton
9) Leicester City
10) West Ham United
11) southampton
12) aston Villa
13) Bournemouth
14) Palace
15) Burnley
16) Norwich
17) watford
18) Brighton
19) Sheffield United
20) New castle

If Spurs had got Dybala I would have jumped them over Liverpool. Hope they still manage it but can't bet on it as is

1) spurs
2) City
3) Liverpool
4) Chelsea
5) Arsenal
6) Man U
7) Everton
8) Wolves
9)Leicester
10) Burnley
11) Bournemouth
12) Crystal Palace
13) West Ham
14) Watford
15) Southampton
16) Aston Villa
17) Brighton
18) Newcastle
19) Norwich
20) Sheffield United

Very intriguing seeing how we all agree sheffield united is going down.

The transfer window is now closed. Last chance to edit or post to this thread is 3pm, Friday 8/9. Any edits or new posts (prediction posts, i mean...) will immediately disqualify you after that.

Very intriguing seeing how we all agree sheffield united is going down.

The transfer window is now closed. Last chance to edit or post to this thread is 3pm, Friday 8/9. Any edits or new posts (prediction posts, i mean...) will immediately disqualify you after that.

I may post at 3:05 for shits and giggles

1) Manchester City
2) Liverpool
3) Tottenham
4) Everton

5) Arsenal
6) Manchester United
7) Chelsea

8) Wolverhampton Wanderers
9) Leicester City
10) West Ham United
11) AFC Bournemouth