Ex-nycfc Coaches Alumni Thread

Looking for a place in Chicago.
Don't bet on that…Chicago talking to "Schelloto" who once played for the Columbus Crew…Chicago's owner does not have a great reputation per the fan base. Of course considering that the Chicago Fire finished in "dead last place" in the MLS this past season…their is no where to go but "UP!!!"

Good luck to Kreis (except for when NYCFC plays Orlando later this year).

So how long until ORL's owners want to bring in a high priced Brazilian player who Kreis doesn't want? Two weeks?

Reactions: Kjbert
Kreis' success will be dependent on ORL ownership group. It was evident that Kreis and NYCFC ownership didn't see eye-to-eye as the season went on and as a result, lost trust from his players. Will Flávio give him the reins, or will Kreis see a similar situation in Orlando than he did in NY? I do hope Kreis succeeds in Orlando as I do like him. I'm curious to see who he'll bring in and how he assembles his team. I'm rooting for Orlando to make the playoffs.

Reactions: Konrad and Kjbert
Interesting hire. I wish Jason the best of luck.

The rumors out of Orlando were that there existed a power struggle between the Brazilians and non-Brazilians. The fact that the Brazilians won out and hired an American coach are very interesting. Maybe they got him at a discount.

Reactions: mgarbowski
And we're still paying him $1M this year for the last year of his three year deal.

I think a question about the Expansion Priority Draft slip up is fair game.

Reactions: adam and Kjbert
We could also be seeing some of Kreis' guys on our team going to Orlando. Some players Kreis might look at could be Ballouchy, Hernandez, McNamara, Khiry?

This might be an opportunity for us to get some more GAM/TAM/int slots.

Reactions: adam and Kjbert
The only Kreis guy left is Ballouchy.

McNamara was a Reyna choice. Hernandez I don't know. Khiry was a Reyna choice.

The first job of a manager is to earn the respect of his players. Apparently, he never had that. I find it difficult to believe that guys like Villa made his life difficult on purpose. There is a reason people with high character were brought in here (Villa included).

CFG tried to get the best MLS coach available. They were short sighted. They have rectified their error. The results this year prove that they were right. You are always trying to improve. We have improved.

So I just gave it a listen. Short but interesting. He seemed very....pissed about what happened. Did not try to hide his frustrations. He started by basically implying he learned nothing in Manchester and framed it as an Americans v foreigners mentality. That Americans know what they are doing and the foreigners treat us badly in the soccer world. I dont buy it. I think he came off as arrogant and was trying to save face my turning it from a personal clash to a wider framework of US soccer vs world soccer. He also basically blamed all the failures of NYCFC on being an expansion team and that we didnt have a stadium or youth academy or existing structure. He didnt take any personal responsibility for personnel decisions and tactics which played far more into last season's failures than having a youth academy or a stadium. Further he knew damn well when he took the multi million dollar job that it would be difficult and he wouldnt have a stadium or youth academy (again how do either of those things justify playing Grabavoy...)

Interview reaffirms my opinion for him as an arrogant douche. His tone, how he blames everyone else...I dont get why this guy is so widely loved in US soccer. Also he seems to be the poster child of MLS first and "US soccer is special" mentality which irks me. I hope we crush his team of little lions in Orlando.

So I just gave it a listen. Short but interesting. He seemed very....pissed about what happened. Did not try to hide his frustrations. He started by basically implying he learned nothing in Manchester and framed it as an Americans v foreigners mentality. That Americans know what they are doing and the foreigners treat us badly in the soccer world. I dont buy it. I think he came off as arrogant and was trying to save face my turning it from a personal clash to a wider framework of US soccer vs world soccer. He also basically blamed all the failures of NYCFC on being an expansion team and that we didnt have a stadium or youth academy or existing structure. He didnt take any personal responsibility for personnel decisions and tactics which played far more into last season's failures than having a youth academy or a stadium. Further he knew damn well when he took the multi million dollar job that it would be difficult and he wouldnt have a stadium or youth academy (again how do either of those things justify playing Grabavoy...)

Interview reaffirms my opinion for him as an arrogant douche. His tone, how he blames everyone else...I dont get why this guy is so widely loved in US soccer. Also he seems to be the poster child of MLS first and "US soccer is special" mentality which irks me. I hope we crush his team of little lions in Orlando.
That's very interesting how those (lack of) variables set him back with NYCFC as an expansion team, and yet he's fully stoked to lead Orlando which isn't any farther along except that their stadium has a completion date. If he didn't like CFG, he's going to have a rude awakening with Flávio - that guy definitely thinks his Portuguese way is superior to an Americans/MLS.

Pass the popcorn....