Facey Hinting A Return??

Billy the Butcher

Registered
Dec 22, 2015
CXQ8Je-WMAAOp_1.jpg

Could mean anything? Maybe he's back to training with the EDS or he could be heading back to our starting XI.

I was a big supporter of Shay and Angelino, they were exciting to watch. Its no secret our back line was as open as a whore during fleet week, and so far there is nothing to suggest that next season wont be any different. Facey was easily our best CB and with Vieara there to guide him, I think we would see good things from him.

CXQ8Je-WMAAOp_1.jpg

Could mean anything? Maybe he's back to training with the EDS or he could be heading back to our starting XI.

I was a big supporter of Shay and Angelino, they were exciting to watch. Its no secret our back line was as open as a whore during fleet week, and so far there is nothing to suggest that next season wont be any different. Facey was easily our best CB and with Vieara there to guide him, I think we would see good things from him.

He could be returning to Man City during the January transfer window too. Regardless that's a great picture. Very meme worthy for Kaka.

Reactions: Kjbert
There's really not much to go off of from this tweet as this past season was his only action so far in a top division.

I liked Facey and he was arguably our best CB last year (inconsistent, but the potential is there). I would prefer if PV goes out and secures another young promising CB to a long-term contract instead of another loanee so they can start developing a rapport with their CB partner. EDS loaners are fine, but they shouldn't be our solution at CB.

I definitely liked watching Facey. To me he was our best CB all year, even when his shoe fell off during the NJRB game at home. But I'd rather find a more long term player for such an important position. If we get him back, good for us. But if we can find someone else, better for us.

Reactions: sbrylski and Kjbert
There's really not much to go off of from this tweet as this past season was his only action so far in a top division.

I liked Facey and he was arguably our best CB last year (inconsistent, but the potential is there). I would prefer if PV goes out and secures another young promising CB to a long-term contract instead of another loanee so they can start developing a rapport with their CB partner. EDS loaners are fine, but they shouldn't be our solution at CB.
If he comes back that'll be two seasons he's played with us. To be honest most players, especially good ones, only stick around for two or three seasons until the big boys come a knocking.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
The only thing New York about Facey is that Rotherham stadium is named "New York Stadium" lol

Guess we'll be seeing new faces from MCFC this year.
Hoping we try and establish a permanent back line and actually build within the team and not rely on loaned players every year. I'd prefer loaned players as forward or mids. Add some creativity there rather then take continuity from our backline.

Last edited:
He's just signed on loan for Rotherham United for the rest of the English season, so he's not going to be returning it would seem.

Well, at least we now know that CFC values the experience of a Championship relegation battle higher than a full season of MLS.

Reactions: Kjbert and Gene
Well, at least we now know that CFC values the experience of a Championship relegation battle higher than a full season of MLS.

That, or they've decided that Facey's future is elsewhere and they want to send someone else to NYC instead? Maybe they've decided there is a better prospect for NYCFC and it's actually a snub for Facey instead?

Rotherham United is equal on points for relegation but only safe due to goal differential. It's a loan for the rest of the Championship season so it's still possible we can get him back during the summer transfer window.

Glad he isn't coming back. Liked him but the back line isn't an area to constantly have to make drastic changes to.

Reactions: JayH
That, or they've decided that Facey's future is elsewhere and they want to send someone else to NYC instead? Maybe they've decided there is a better prospect for NYCFC and it's actually a snub for Facey instead?

Tosin Adarabioyo was the other rumor CB loanee to us. Does anyone know how he compares to Facey? I know that he is alot bigger.

Brandon barker was loaned to Rotherham about a month ago, started 1 game scored a wonder goal and got man of the match then they didn't start him again for some reason. interesting that mcfc will loan another player there.

Adarabioyo is the best CB in the EDS at the moment, impossible to know how players will do when they make the step up though. Would prefer to not to see loanees playing in defence though as it needs stability

I thought facey could have come permanently to nycfc as i think its highly unlikely he will ever play for mcfc.

I think if Facey wanted to be here permanently, they would have let him be here permanently.

I also believe he does not have a future with MCFC. But there is nothing wrong with plying your trade in England for your whole career in lieu of MLS - no reason he can't develop into a Championship-Premier League level player, albeit not with MCFC.

Reactions: Ohenry