Status
Not open for further replies.

NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
We've gone through this Lampard stuff before. It's not happening again. I'm not spending all day going through reports of he said this and so on.
Just as on reddit, fb and Twitter you have a choice on this forum in who you follow and what you read.

1. To MCFC fans. This is a NYCFC forum. I'm a supporter myself and it's what got me involved in NYCFC. BUT if the agenda is to defend MCFC and not support NYCFC you will be banned. There's a thread under 'Other Leagues' where you may talk MCFC all you want and will be protected, just as other fans are in their threads for other teams.
I respect the fact our forum is a melting pot for supporters of teams around the world. However that will not show itself under NYCFC TEAM NEWS and NYCFC SUPPORTER DISCUSSION.
You know damn well there would be zero tolerance on BM and MCFC Forums.

2. If you're annoyed by people from Manchester put them on ignore. In 99% of the cases we are having civil discussions and reports are filed seemingly for the fact a Manc replied. We're all adults here. If YOU feel the need to reply to all of these posts and instigate you will be warned.

3. If this still doesn't make sense to you then take it to PM. If you really feel the need to argue for no reason then private message the person.

I refuse to discriminate against anyone on here and ban a certain group. However, if you can't follow these rules you will be warned and banned regardless of who you are. We've tried our best to build a community here where everyone can interact in a civil manner and I'm not about to let anything change that. Especially not a player coming to us who will wear our colors and play in our stadium.

All the bickering is really childish and takes away from the quality of the forums to be honest. If you're a MCFC fan then by all means be that but this is mainly an NYCFC forum and we're all here because we're supporters of NYCFC. I'm a Chelsea fan but you don't see me starting trouble and spewing Chelsea stuff on here because I'm here for NYCFC and to be a part of something great with some of the greatest supporters of this new club. Remember we all have one common interest and that's supporting NYCFC.

And I thought the US was the land of free speech, if someone says something I don't agree with I'll speak out whatever the subject. That's the final thing I am going to say on the subject. Thank you

We won't tolerate supporters throwing around personal insults. But the Lampard fiasco was a big blow to the club. We sit in last place without a second DP (this is a big thing here) and it's inexcusable the way things went down. If supporters of THIS CLUB THAT THIS FORUM REPRESENTS want to direct anger at MCFC who was responsible for it then by all means let them. If you want to defend your club then go to BM because this isn't the place. We do welcome all supporters. However, if it offends you to be an MCFC fan here then it's clearly not the place for you to be and you should respect that and leave.
Will people forgive Lampard and move on, sure eventually. But a lot sooner than they will MCFC.

Guys, as a manc and a MCFC fan, I'm a member on here because I see an affinity between the clubs. I realise reading through the forums that you guys don't feel the same towards our club. That's cool and I understand that with the lampard deal and other stuff. I come on here because I wanna feel connected in some way to this club.
In England, growing up as a kid it was city, Rangers and inter Milan. Utd fans was Utd, Celtic and ac Milan.thats just how we felt.
In today's age city fans will look at your club and want them to be connected in the same way. I enjoy using this forum and seeing how you guys do things and if I am ever in New York I will look forward to seeing you play. I hope that my club can go some way to repairing the damage they created with the lampard deal.

Guys, as a manc and a MCFC fan, I'm a member on here because I see an affinity between the clubs. I realise reading through the forums that you guys don't feel the same towards our club. That's cool and I understand that with the lampard deal and other stuff. I come on here because I wanna feel connected in some way to this club.
In England, growing up as a kid it was city, Rangers and inter Milan. Utd fans was Utd, Celtic and ac Milan.thats just how we felt.
In today's age city fans will look at your club and want them to be connected in the same way. I enjoy using this forum and seeing how you guys do things and if I am ever in New York I will look forward to seeing you play. I hope that my club can go some way to repairing the damage they created with the lampard deal.
You're always welcome, glad you stopped by. It's a mixed bag of what European clubs everyone supports here. However everyone here is a NYCFC fan and if you're supporting the club stop on by for news and talk about the club.

For my part, I welcome you, and all other Manchester City fans. I support Chelsea; but I have a great deal of respect for Man City. As someone who hates Man United, this is not difficult. Also, I totally support the idea of rich owners as being ultimately good for all football fans; so I applauded the former owner Shinwatra, just as I do the current owner Mansour.

That was before NYCFC. Now that Man City's owners are also NYCFC's owners and we are sister clubs, I can appreciate Man City even more. If Chelsea don't win the league in any given year, I hope that Man City win it.

More important, I hope that other Man City fans feel as you do, and that they will adopt NYCFC as their favourite team in the U.S.

Most definitely welcome.

Reactions: Sabbs flying foot
I'm new to here and in the main I like to read rather than post stuff and my recent threads I've started are mainly to see how everyone feels about the connection between clubs etc. I'm not daft enough to think everything is rosey between both clubs and I fully understand why with what happened with the Lampard thing but that's not us fans fault and to be fair the debates that have gone on in the threads I've created have been very fair.

I've become a fan of NYCFC and as I keep saying I watched most matches last season and just because i'm across the pond doesn't make me lesser of a fan? the majority that I've spoken to on here have been great and fair and as time goes on i'm just hoping things can be patched up between the clubs and fans on here. If I see a City fan disrespecting this place on here then trust me I will be the first to put them in their place because I respect this is ultimately a NYCFC forum and as anywhere i'm a member of abide by the rules and respect the members even if they don't to me.

It's a great place to post here so keep up the great work guys.

Andy

Reactions: LostAnvil and JayH
It'll happen over time. I think when we start seeing positives coming from the partnership on our end then the past won't come up as much.
Right now most of what CFG has done has painted NYCFC as a MCFC Clone and that's how we're portrayed in the media and the football community. Hence the annimosity towards MCFC from much of the NYCFC Community. Having a shit season with a shit show of a FO didn't help things either.

Reactions: mcfc9320group
It'll happen over time. I think when we start seeing positives coming from the partnership on our end then the past won't come up as much.
Right now most of what CFG has done has painted NYCFC as a MCFC Clone and that's how we're portrayed in the media and the football community. Hence the annimosity towards MCFC from much of the NYCFC Community. Having a shit season with a shit show of a FO didn't help things either.

That's down to the media and as we know that won't ever change sadly, I totally agree though that once something is done solely for NYCFC things might change and the media won't matter but I can say from the City side that pretty much everything I read or speak to City fans towards NYCFC is positive and I think that's why a lot of us have a great affection for NYCFC.

I've never been one of those fans that support more than one team like City and Barca etc because only City has been my passion and focus but I've built up quite an affection for NYCFC and just because I've not been a member of here from the start doesn't mean i'm less of a fan. I agree though that things will settle down especially when members on here see that some of us on here care about NYCFC and aren't just here to goad people or look down on people and only time and posts on here will help that.

Finally a voice of sanity! What took you so bloody long to post it? :) I loved seeing Manchester U especially when Eric Cantona was on the team. Not being too familiar with Brits. team rivalries this is s compliment to the EPL and the inventors of Football in general. You are welcome to the greatest city in the planet.

Its probably time for this thread to be unstickied.

The board has developed its own personality and the fiasco that started this shitshow is long over. Lets let this era of the board slide into history.

Reactions: NYCFCfan
Status
Not open for further replies.