First Yankee Stadium Visit

Seven

Registered
Jul 13, 2015
Virginia
One of my personal goals for this year was to get myself to Yankee Stadium to see a home game this year. Schedule finally worked out, and I am planning on coming up for the Thur, June 29th game vs the Loons. Couple of questions first:

Coming up by myself, and so would love to be sitting next to or near some of you guys. If anyone happens to have one extra ticket for this game, (and is willing to sit next to me) I would love to buy it.

Any tips on getting into Yankee Stadium that might not be well-known?
How early do players usually arrive at Gate 2 before the game? I've seen anywhere from 1.5-3 hours
Any planned meetups for pre-game?
Is a Villa hat-trick too much to ask for?

One of my personal goals for this year was to get myself to Yankee Stadium to see a home game this year. Schedule finally worked out, and I am planning on coming up for the Thur, June 29th game vs the Loons. Couple of questions first:

Coming up by myself, and so would love to be sitting next to or near some of you guys. If anyone happens to have one extra ticket for this game, (and is willing to sit next to me) I would love to buy it.

How early do players usually arrive at Gate 2 before the game? I've seen anywhere from 1.5-3 hours

Where are you coming from?

I will actually be heading out of town earlier that day to help a friend of mine move to Miami (also another season ticket holder). If you want a ticket in 237 (Supporters Section), PM me. I will probably have access to his ticket as well.

Where are you coming from?
Virginia
I will actually be heading out of town earlier that day to help a friend of mine move to Miami (also another season ticket holder). If you want a ticket in 237 (Supporters Section), PM me. I will probably have access to his ticket as well.
Will definitely think about it. I'm pretty short-short enough that Maxi is still taller then me- how hard will it be for me to see in the Supporters Section?

Virginia

Will definitely think about it. I'm pretty short-short enough that Maxi is still taller then me- how hard will it be for me to see in the Supporters Section?
Not hard, you'll be standing for the entire 90 mins

Virginia

Do NOT drive to the stadium. If you're passing through Jersey and I imagine you are, park in Hoboken. There is a lot near the PATH station at the NJ transit terminal. You can't miss the terminal. Take the Path train to 33rd St. then follow the signs in the station to the D train. Take the D train uptown to the Bronx to 161st st.

Brave man... the traffic could be a killer.

Preview

Reactions: Schwallacus
I drive, but that's down from Westchester. It's not bad at all. It's possible that a drive up from NJ could be worse - especially with bridge traffic.

Not sure where seven is coming from. If it is the city, then certainly he should use public transport.

For a weekday game, driving to the stadium could be iffy. But if you're driving up for the game, you should be fine as long as you leave plenty of time to get to the Stadium. The stadium itself is very easy to get in to -- tons of gates all around the park, and you can reach any seating area via any entrance.

Pretty sure I am taking the bus from VA. Was going to drive, but tolls to and from were a little too ridiculous, and then I have the hassle of dealing with where to park my car. So would be taking the subway to Yankee Stadium

That's my concern. I don't want to be standing behind Lurch and not be able to see anything
I sat in 237 the first year. If you get there when the gates open, 90 minutes before the match starts, you'll be able to get in the first or second row of the bleachers and be able to see just fine. Also, if you go down the aisle between 236 (on your right) and 237 (on your left) there's a seat or two in the second or third row that has nothing in front of it because of the opening below for the entrance to section 136.