Forum Ownership

NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
Going on 8 years now and the forums are still kicking. A lot has changed in these years. Players have come and gone, as have members. One of the constants has been LionNYC LionNYC. He’s been a member here since January 2015 and has shared staff responsibilities with me. Many of you here know him and can spot him at home games. He’s also at regular at away games traveling with the club over the years. I’m so grateful for what he’s done for our community. Jonathan is one of this clubs biggest supporters and his commitment to the team and our community are bar none.

I’ve already reached out to him so this isn’t a surprise but I felt it was necessary to also inform the community. As of a few days ago LionNYC LionNYC is 50/50 owner of NYCFC Forums. I mentioned it in another post but this has always been a passion project for me. I don’t know that there is monetary value here or if there ever will be in the future. What I do know is so many NYCFC supporters have come here over the years and grew their love for the team, met new friends, found a passion for soccer and call this community home. I don’t think we’d be where we are today without his structured match day posts and daily contributions. As one of the faces of NYCFC fandom and this community I feel it’s only right to share the ownership with him.

giphy.gif