Forums Clean-Up

We’ve discusses this before and I think now it’s time to make some changes to the forums structure.
Merging Team News with Supporter Discussion and having a singular NYCFC Discussion forum. That’s my suggestion.
Thoughts?
In theory I understood why you set up the 2 separate areas. In practice, the fluid nature of most threads made the distinction moot. Go for it

In theory I understood why you set up the 2 separate areas. In practice, the fluid nature of most threads made the distinction moot. Go for it
Feel free to recommend any other things. Last time it was brought up people wanted other changes as well to lower the amount of sections.

Agreed.

Granted I generally just look at the "new posts" tab and rarely enter a forum so this site is essentially one forum for me already. When I create a new thread though, the lines between those two forums have become kind of blurred. Not to mention, the posting volume on here isn't really all that high where multiple forums are needed.

We’ve discusses this before and I think now it’s time to make some changes to the forums structure.
Merging Team News with Supporter Discussion and having a singular NYCFC Discussion forum. That’s my suggestion.
Thoughts?

As someone who never reads the supporter discussion forum, I would be opposed to this merger, as it would clutter my experience.

My recommendation is to do away with all these megathreads. It makes it so much more difficult to find older threads.

These would be my high-level forum sections for NYCFC stuff:

TEAM
MATCHDAY
SUPPORTERS & EVENTS
STADIUM
ACADEMY

Agreed.

Granted I generally just look at the "new posts" tab and rarely enter a forum so this site is essentially one forum for me already. When I create a new thread though, the lines between those two forums have become kind of blurred. Not to mention, the posting volume on here isn't really all that high where multiple forums are needed.
Same. After im done with notifications i sort by new posts. Im typically not the one creating threads so i dont even know where most of the threads are. As far as i can tell the changes wont really have an impact (Christopher Jee. see what i did there) on me

I think from Forum Competitions down is set up well. As for NYCFC Discussion I think it should be...

First Team & Club
Matchday
Academy
Players
Supporters & Events

I wouldn't want Stadium being it's own forum, it should still be a single thread because we don't want too many branches of discussion spreading.

Reactions: Shwafta
I second Lion's structure! And we could put all the games (u pick & attendance, season preview etc.) into Matchday instead of First Team & Club?
Or make a sub-folder within Matchday.

If you delete the View From My Seat tab or Member Giveaways forum, I'm rioting.
giphy.gif

No opinion on structure, but I'd love a way to ignore threads in New Posts so that they don't show up there anymore. There are many threads that pop up frequently that I will never read and I like keeping my New Posts feed as clean as possible.

And as always, thank you NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan and all the mods for everything you do!!!

Delete the stadium discussion thread until a stadium is actually announced.

Will save a lot of angst amongst everyone.......

No opinion on structure, but I'd love a way to ignore threads in New Posts so that they don't show up there anymore. There are many threads that pop up frequently that I will never read and I like keeping my New Posts feed as clean as possible.

And as always, thank you NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan and all the mods for everything you do!!!
Can’t do much there as it’s actually a paid addon that I installed. It kind of is what it is. It’s not a feature of the forum software so the functions are limited to pulling posts since your last login.

Reactions: FootyLovin
I think from Forum Competitions down is set up well. As for NYCFC Discussion I think it should be...

First Team & Club
Matchday
Academy
Players
Supporters & Events

I wouldn't want Stadium being it's own forum, it should still be a single thread because we don't want too many branches of discussion spreading.
So first team and club would act as our current Team News & Rumors section?

Can’t do much there as it’s actually a paid addon that I installed. It kind of is what it is. It’s not a feature of the forum software so the functions are limited to pulling posts since your last login.
Ah well. Thanks anyway.