Founding Members Wall

Vallos

Registered
Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 10, 2015
Section 205, Row 1
I just received this email. Did anyone else?

Add your Name to the Founding Members Wall at Yankee Stadium!

As a Founding Member, you now have the opportunity to show you're a part of NYC sports history by adding your name to New York City FC's Founding Members Wall which will be located in center field at Yankee Stadium later this season. As an added bonus, enjoy this benefit with the people you share your New York City FC season ticket account with!

Begin the survey below and include the names of those you share your account with so they may be added to the wall by May 22, 2015. All names provided are subject to approval by New York City FC. Certain restrictions may apply.

Those who complete the survey are entered to win field passes to watch pre-match warm-ups and receive access to view the Founding Members Wall.

See you at Yankee Stadium!

Reactions: Goodfella
I just got it too, and someone posted on the FB group NYCFC supporters that he did. Very nice of them to add this additional benefit. It was always promised that Founding Members would be named on a wall in the eventual new stadium. My cynical side wonders if this is being done because they know it will be a while before they are in a position to make good on that. But my non-cynical side says just take the nice things that are offered you and be happy about it.

Last edited:
Glad i saw this...that email got caught in my junk filter which i normally just delete.

Founding%20Member%20Wall%20%20618x387.jpg

Perhaps it is a hopeful sign inidicating that the Yankees are warming to the idea of the indefinite presence of NYCFC, maybe because their fears of the field being torn up haven't been realised.

Yankee Stadium could (should) be as much a part of the identity of this club as the original Yankee Stadium was to the football Giants when they played there, or as Candlestick Park was to the 49ers. In other words: not as a temporary or transient home, but as their real home.

Anyone else having issues submitting? Keeps on telling required field but I filled in everything

That did not happen to me... I just left it blank and continued on with no problems. You might need to restart the process to eliminate any phantom character.

Reactions: Goodfella
Just don't click on the boxes you don't want to enter like company name. You should be able to submit.

Update: they fixed it, you can submit now leaving company name blank

I am confused about what it will look like, based on the photo mockup. Will it show everyone's name briefly in large letters? Or will I need to be up close to see my teeny tiny name on it (like the founding member scarves)? From the FAQ:

Can I see the Founding Members Wall up close?

The Founding Members who complete the survey will be entered to win pre-match warm up field passes and receive access to view the Founding Members Wall and take pictures.​

Reactions: LostAnvil
I assume that the names will be in small print like the scarves. I also think that the "wall" will be more of a banner like the rest of the NYCFC logos that are on the outfield walls. Yankee Stadium will put them up for our game days and take them down the rest of the time.

I put my name in but I don't see the point of it if I can't go see it.

Reactions: danger