French Ligue 1 2015/2016

Davo15

Registered
May 20, 2014
Hamden CT
So PSG have to be overwhelming favorites again . They were even before the Di Maria addition...

I expect my Marseile to battle for a champions league spot though their likely slightly weaker than they were last year. It's sort of a sad state that the most popular team in the country and the one with the 9th highest attendance in Europe last season is somewhat of a selling club who's highest ambitions right now are to make CL, have no realistic impact in CL if they do, and perhaps win one of the domestic cup competitions.

Never watched a Ligue 1 match and I more than likely never will.

One Arab owned team (PSG) with no prior history is now dominating the league while the other teams struggle to compete with the massive amounts of money spent by the Arab owned team. (PSG)

Reactions: Gavin23
id like to watch, but i gotta go premium for cable to get bein sports and i dont think its worth it. still maybe if somehoe zlatan leaves PSG to another club then maybe there will be a bit more of a competition?

Never watched a Ligue 1 match and I more than likely never will.

One Arab owned team (PSG) with no prior history is now dominating the league while the other teams struggle to compete with the massive amounts of money spent by the Arab owned team. (PSG)
The fuck you mean "no prior history"? I fucking hate that argument.

The fuck you mean "no prior history"? I fucking hate that argument.
PSG had no tradition of winning. It had no tradition of legendary players. Hell, it's a cross between two teams that merged together. By European standards it's a new club at about 40 years old.

They weren't popular until the Arab Conglomerate bought them.

I really hate that a few of you are going to make me do the unnatural and defend PSG but while like City and Chelsea they are now so much bigger than they used to be with massive cash infusion they idea that they were nothing till a couple years ago just isn't right.

who cares when they were formed? As NYCFC fans we should never use an argument that eurosnobs throw in the face of MLS in general and other teams fans including our arch rivals in Jersey throw at us. They can't help when they were formed it doesn't delegitimize them or their fans. They were pretty good in the late 80's and very good in the mids 90's when they were owned by canal plus. Yes they tended to choke and finish in second more than as champions but they has some good CL runs finishing last 4 in a believe 95 after an undefeated group stage (Bayern/Barca in their group) they had star players like George Weah (that season) the brazlians Rai and Leanordo etc. they also won the cup winners cup in 96 and made it all the way to the final in 97 before losing to Ronaldo and Barcelona in the final. Cup winner's cup was a tough tournament and it's sad they got rid of it. Makes more sense than the Europa league to me anyway though that's a different argument.

PSG had no tradition of winning. It had no tradition of legendary players. Hell, it's a cross between two teams that merged together. By European standards it's a new club at about 40 years old.

They weren't popular until the Arab Conglomerate bought them.

I think you will find you are on thin ice with those reasonings my friend.
If i applied that logic NYCFC have no tradition of winning or anything does this season not count?
Which brings me onto legendary players. Legendary players do not have to be world class or famous, they just have to hit a chord with the fans of that club. There are many people who go misty eyed and ever argue long into the night over two players at their club that we may have never heard of. Take Poku, practically unknown in Europe yet you guys love him. He could well be the first NYCFC ledge and rightly so. The fans of the clubs make the legends of that club, no one else.
Loads of teams in Europe have merged at some point, dont always believe the Euro BS.

Reactions: CTID and BxLio91
As it happens i like Ligue 1. Take out PSG and you often get good matches, there are some underrated players in there.

I think you will find you are on thin ice with those reasonings my friend.
If i applied that logic NYCFC have no tradition of winning or anything does this season not count?
Which brings me onto legendary players. Legendary players do not have to be world class or famous, they just have to hit a chord with the fans of that club. There are many people who go misty eyed and ever argue long into the night over two players at their club that we may have never heard of. Take Poku, practically unknown in Europe yet you guys love him. He could well be the first NYCFC ledge and rightly so. The fans of the clubs make the legends of that club, no one else.
Loads of teams in Europe have merged at some point, dont always believe the Euro BS.
I don't understand why this gets turned into NYCFC sucks. Like, seriously, I was merely stating that before the Arabs bought PSG they were an average team that hardly anyone outside of France cheered for. Now they're a top European side. How does this get flipped onto NYCFC?

and why does this keep happening to my posts?

Now, please inform me on how many of those were before the Arabs bought them?

I'm not a Ligue 1 officionado by any stretch of the imagination. If you want to talk Mexican football I could go on and on for hours at a time. French football not so much.

I don't understand why this gets turned into NYCFC sucks. Like, seriously, I was merely stating that before the Arabs bought PSG they were an average team that hardly anyone outside of France cheered for. Now they're a top European side. How does this get flipped onto NYCFC?

and why does this keep happening to my posts?

Far from NYCFC sucks, i am just saying that clubs start from somewhere and not all seasons are winning seasons but the history builds.

what keeps happening?

Far from NYCFC sucks, i am just saying that clubs start from somewhere and not all seasons are winning seasons but the history builds.

what keeps happening?
People have made negative remarks on multiple of my post about NYCFC.

(Please excuse the English in my post that led to this confusion. It's not my first language.)

Reactions: mrplow2000
People have made negative remarks on multiple of my post about NYCFC.

(Please excuse the English in my post that led to this confusion. It's not my first language.)

Dont worry man! Its all good.

He leído tu es de México? Vivía en España desde hace 6 años, puede ser difícil en otro idioma!. No hubo mala intención de mi parte. Salud.

Reactions: Z4CH3B99
Now, please inform me on how many of those were before the Arabs bought them?

I'm not a Ligue 1 officionado by any stretch of the imagination. If you want to talk Mexican football I could go on and on for hours at a time. French football not so much.
The Qataris took over in 2011.

Reactions: Z4CH3B99
Dont worry man! Its all good.

He leído tu es de México? Vivía en España desde hace 6 años, puede ser difícil en otro idioma!. No hubo mala intención de mi parte. Salud.
Si, soy originario de Chihuahua, México. Hoy vivo en Ciudad de México D.F. y Texas, Estados Unidos

Last edited:
Reactions: mrplow2000