Galaxy Postmatch

NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
Back four were absolutely immense today. Didn't put a foot wrong. For all the talent on that Galaxy front line, they barely looked like scoring the entire game. Absolutely huge performance at the back for us. Even dull games are fun when you defend like that.

Tremendous game for the midfield and defense. Forwards were the gang that couldn't shoot straight, but they showed some nice moves all the same.

I think this is the first time this year I've felt this team could go all the way and that our success isn't just a fluke. The Red Bulls and their high press still make me nervous but the way we have played against Colorado and LA shows we really do belong at the top.

Long may it last!

Great all around win and immense considering them and Dallas are our toughest remaining games.

Some people get annoyed when fans boo a jerk who told us to sod off and the team loses 7-0. I find it ridiculous that people come and first thing they do is piss on our keeper after a win like that.
I pissed on him the whole game. Paul can vouch. He was absolutely laughable. A literal joke.

I pissed on him the whole game. Paul can vouch. He was absolutely laughable. A literal joke.
His Postmatch interview was funny.
Reporter - what can you tell us about the save you made on that by bycicle kick
Saunders - I don't know I just closed my eyes
I died

Last edited:
His Postmatch interview was funny.
Reporter - what can you tell us about the save you made on that by circle kick
Saunders - I don't know I just closed my eyes
I died
He didn't save that. He went the wrong way and then legbreaker kicked it at him.

He actually went the entirely wrong way and completely misread the shot.

He also dove for every ball that was going obviously out.

He's just a level of shit in pro goalkeeping that I've never seen before.

Leaving before the end of the match because parts of the stadium love to do the puto chant on our nonexistent Pride Night has left me feeling rather ambivalent about this result.

On the plus side, the douchebros in 209 that used to do it stopped, so... baby steps, I guess.

Reactions: Albany_NYCFC
Saunders wasn't great today, but there was no reason to be ragging him the whole game unless you were trying to win Internet Contrarian Hardman points. Why not just enjoy the game? We were pretty good today!
Oh my god. If you'd been watching, you'd have seen he was so bad that there's nothing to be contrarian about. He was terrible. He got lucky.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Now for a random post that's only post-game related because it's related to a jersey that I bought at the game today for my kid. Just got home and it still has that clip-on sensor thing attached. Is my only solution going back to the stadium to remove it? That option may not go down well. Sorry for the random interruption.

Reactions: northernburbs
Oh my god. If you'd been watching, you'd have seen he was so bad that there's nothing to be contrarian about. He was terrible. He got lucky.

+10 interwebs points for you

We kept a clean sheet, Saunders wasn't very good, we won the game anyway, I'm celebrating tonight. Come join!

Reactions: mgarbowski
I firmly with the consensus that wishes Saunders were not our keeper, but it became apparent several 2-3 months ago at least that he is going to be our guy for 2016. I just don't see the point of making myself miserable about him on a day we won, beat the marquee team in the league, and made a nice step towards finishing at or near the top of our table.

Now for a random post that's only post-game related because it's related to a jersey that I bought at the game today for my kid. Just got home and it still has that clip-on sensor thing attached. Is my only solution going back to the stadium to remove it? That option may not go down well. Sorry for the random interruption.
Do you have your receipt? Maybe the Yankee store near your office will do it. Maybe call first to be sure. 49th between 6th and 7th.

Reactions: JayH