General Ticket Sales Thus Far

Tiger Jones

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 29, 2014
Ticketmaster has the virtual map up for all the games now. I was curious so I took a look at how the games have been selling and to get a general idea of season ticket and individual numbers in general. Looks like the lower bowl has sold very well except for a few obstructed sections (mine is one of them so unfortunately it looks as if it will be pretty empty for most of the season). Still plenty of empty seats in the 200s. I know it's still early but it's going to get pretty cavernous at times. Hope we can get our of YS as soon as possible, the atmosphere is going to suffer.

On a positive note though, the first match is almost completely sold out.

I made mention of this on different thread the other night, so I agree with what you're saying.

I always felt the team would average around 25K per game give or take, but I'm honestly shocked there wasn't enough demand for tickets so that the club would open the upper deck for the New England game.

I'm sure once the season starts, the team will create more of a buzz to overcome the shitty PR skills the organization has shown so far.

My section 229 sold out a few days ago but some of these might of been the 9 game plan. As of 1 this afternoon there were 1166 season tickets available. Yesterday at the same time there were 1309 still left. this does not include SG seats or single match seat section that were already Red on virtual venue. I understand that best case 500 could of been sold in the mini plan that included "the Cap" making them no longer available for full season status. and many more in the 9 game plan but thats not many tickets left

Reactions: Goodfella
I made mention of this on different thread the other night, so I agree with what you're saying.

I always felt the team would average around 25K per game give or take, but I'm honestly shocked there wasn't enough demand for tickets so that the club would open the upper deck for the New England game.

I'm sure once the season starts, the team will create more of a buzz to overcome the shitty PR skills the organization has shown so far.
Sitting in the upper deck for a game is hardly worth the money and time it will take.

I guess to each his own, but as an upper deck guy I'd take these (Section 405) for a soccer match

bschulk5-20120717185314.jpg

over these (Section 122 where the near touch line is on the opposite side of the mound) all day long.

yankee-stadium-mlb-122-800x600.jpg

Reactions: Malatesta and adam
Looks that way. But I would have wagered the 1st game ever and the Red Bulls would be the exceptions. Doesn't seem that way now.

I can't trust that the upper deck will remain closed for our debut. Even Impact had over 60,000 for their debut........... What disappointment !!!!

It's obviously a better atmosphere with the place sold out, but I'm guessing they want to keep staff and everything status quo. Remember that Yankee Stadium is a little anal. They don't want too much change. To them, I'm sure an NYCFC game requires NYCFC sized staffing. They don't want any exceptions. That's my guess.

Off topic... I'm PISSED that they aren't utilizing Mohegan Sun Bar properly.

The first game of the Orlando City in MLS = over 65.000
The absolute debut of the NYCFC ( not only in MLS ) = 27.000

Without comments.........

I'm taking the view that having almost 12,000 people commit their money to a concept (not even a team) that didn't have a roster, let alone play a single match in any league, as a good start. It's the 5th sport in the city and is competing against endless other entertainment options available.
Let's have a little optimism.

I'm taking the view that having almost 12,000 people commit their money to a concept (not even a team) that didn't have a roster, let alone play a single match in any league, as a good start. It's the 5th sport in the city and is competing against endless other entertainment options available.
Let's have a little optimism.
yes 12,000 is a ton of initial season ticket holders. And like most NYC sports, it will probably take a playoff run to bring us into relevancy within the city. But unlike RBNY I am confident that a playoff run will drive up a lot of hype. There is too much going on in NYC to support losing clubs. Once this team has success you'll see that 12,000 jump.

Reactions: Slick Rick
What is the word on the Mohegan sports bar? It's an ideal location to watch the game, will it be closed off?