Guess The Attendance 2017 USOC - NYCFC vs. Red Bulls (June 14)

LionNYC

Registered
Staff member
Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
Because we have no idea if the attendance will be officially reported, I'm keeping USOC games in a separate thread. It's Red Bull Arena on a hot summer Wednesday at 8 PM in Harrison, New Jersey with sky high ticket prices on the primary market and dramatically falling prices on the secondary market. There will be a strong contingent of NYCFC fans in attendance. Any idea what the attendance will be?

As an FYI, the capacity at Red Bull Arena is 25,189. If you want to guess a "sellout."
giphy.gif

The Price is Right rules, as always, closest to the actual attendance as reported on MLSsoccer.com/USsoccer.com/Anywhere without going over. Guesses must be posted before gates open (i.e. 6:30 PM).

How many people on these forums? I'll take the under.

Actual people in attendance: 9500
Reported attendance: 15500

Reactions: adam
You have to pick one.

Why?

The reported attendance is the figure that will come from the club and is the official figure I presume you use.

I was pointing out that there will likely be a very large difference in attendance between what is reported and official and what eyes on the ground will probably see.

Among "tickets sold" will probably be the 12500 ish that NJRB gave to their season ticket holders.

Why?

The reported attendance is the figure that will come from the club and is the official figure I presume you use.

I was pointing out that there will likely be a very large difference in attendance between what is reported and official and what eyes on the ground will probably see.

Among "tickets sold" will probably be the 12500 ish that NJRB gave to their season ticket holders.

Fair. 15,550 is your selection then.