Guess The Attendance 2023 - NYCFC vs. D.C. (March 18)

LionNYC

Registered
Staff member
Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
Sorry for not getting this post up for the first match...

The Price is Right rules, as always, closest to the actual attendance as reported on MLSsoccer.com without going over. Guesses must be posted before gates open the day of the match (i.e. 6:30 PM ET). Should the attendance not be reported to a specific number, there will be no winner.

2023 Results
- Match 1, Miami (March 11): No contest. 24,489 (actual)

ben affleck week GIF

Reactions: Joe_Cos and JayH
wow. 7k drop off from the home opener. that's a pretty big chunk.
Yeah, it was quite noticeable. At the home opener it was packed in the 200s, at last nights game it was back to minimal concession lines and bathroom wait time. Not sure why there was such a drop off from the season opener. Are people that crazed about a beanie?? 🤣

Yeah, it was quite noticeable. At the home opener it was packed in the 200s, at last nights game it was back to minimal concession lines and bathroom wait time. Not sure why there was such a drop off from the season opener. Are people that crazed about a beanie?? 🤣
I think Miami is somewhat a bigger draw than DC; opening day has more juice than Game 2; and it was colder last night. I would not have predicted a 30% drop, but it's not a shock. Also maybe people stayed in to watch the NCAA BB and/or their big night out was Friday for St. Patricks. My daughter went to see Muse at MSG Friday night and she said the trains at 11pm were packed with St P's party people.

Reactions: JayH
Beanies were nice. Best giveaway yet, IMO.

Reactions: JCMore
It didn't look like there were so many tickets available. Why were there so few tickets available with such a lowly-attended game?

It didn't look like there were so many tickets available. Why were there so few tickets available with such a lowly-attended game?
They probably release limited section until demand makes it necessary. Alternative is they sold a lot of single game tix but a ton of STHs stayed home. that seems implausible.

They probably release limited section until demand makes it necessary. Alternative is they sold a lot of single game tix but a ton of STHs stayed home. that seems implausible.

I'm pretty sure listed attendance is tickets sold, so anyone who stayed home would have counted in the announced attendance.