Healthy eating

NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
Ugh... Been on a diet for a week now. Don't even want to really call it that. More of a lifestyle change. Have been eating healthy and staying away from certain foods.
Switched from iced coffee to green tea.
Actually eating fruits and vegetables.
Just made my first meal In order to stay on track and not go to healthier fast food options which are still not that healthy lol.

Anyone else here a health freak that can give me some tips for cutting weight but still keeping full and energized.

So far I wake up every day and make a berry protein smoothie with my magic bullet. Handful of strawberries raspberries and blueberries. Mix in vanilla protein shake (Bolthouse). Then add a Greens on The Go packet which is powdered form of vegetable servings (I hate veggies). I'll drink this throughout the day and wow feel great all day long.
Then doing Greek yogurt for snacks and going to start doing nuts and dried fruit.

Any suggestions for possible breakfast/lunch/dinner ideas?

image.jpeg

Ugh... Been on a diet for a week now. Don't even want to really call it that. More of a lifestyle change. Have been eating healthy and staying away from certain foods.
Switched from iced coffee to green tea.
Actually eating fruits and vegetables.
Just made my first meal In order to stay on track and not go to healthier fast food options which are still not that healthy lol.

Anyone else here a health freak that can give me some tips for cutting weight but still keeping full and energized.

So far I wake up every day and make a berry protein smoothie with my magic bullet. Handful of strawberries raspberries and blueberries. Mix in vanilla protein shake (Bolthouse). Then add a Greens on The Go packet which is powdered form of vegetable servings (I hate veggies). I'll drink this throughout the day and wow feel great all day long.
Then doing Greek yogurt for snacks and going to start doing nuts and dried fruit.

View attachment 4866
Was going to ask what is wrong with coffee until I remembered...

View attachment 3564 I'm one of those guys.

View attachment 4866

Awesome NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan

I have also gotten back into it...and allow myself only home games or birthdays to "let loose"

Pre-bfast - shot of lemon juice with grated ginger and liter of water

Breakfast - alternate between plain greek yogurt with pistachios; plain greek yogurt and a tablespoon of organic strawberry preserves; 3-4 sliced hardboiled egg whites with tabouli and sliced jalapenos; overnight oats.

Lunch - grilled fish and veggies (alternate between roasted potatoes, cous cous, quinoa, or no starch)

Dinner - alternate between grilled fish*; egg white omelette; something veggie based (spaghetti squash/zoodles/riced cauliflower or quinoa bowl).

Snacks - fresh sliced veggies (red, yellow, or orange bell peppers are a good alternative for people who typically dont like fresh veggies - they are sweeter than most vegs), fruit, or cottage cheese with cinnamon and splash of vanilla extract (if you close your eyes and wish - it can taste like rice pudding)

*I am a "ba-curious pescatarian" so i pretty much only eat bacon and fish. I accidentally ate bacon about 5 years ago and never looked back - prior to that I hadn't eaten any meat (aside from fish) since about 2002.

No specific suggestions, but some advice from one who has been dealing with this for years now. To the extent you can keep things simple and not modify day-to-day you are better off, I believe.
When I am most successful I eat the same thing for breakfast 5-6 days a week, lunch rotates among about 4-5 ch0ices, and dinner is where there is the biggest variety. It's actually easier to keep yourself on track, and if there is a sudden jump or decrease in your weight you have fewer variables to consider when trying to figure out why.

Last edited:
Im trying to eat healthier with varying degrees of success. I usually do a 'green shake' for breakfast and lunch with my nutribullet. It's a mixture of kale, spinach, swiss chard, a banana, scoop of protein powder, tbsp of flax seed, tbsp of chia seed. Total is about 330 calories per shake. Greek yogurt for a snack

I also use the fitbit app which really helps track caloric intake and output when you pair it with the watch accessory thing.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
the best way to lose weight:

in take less,
be more active.

its a simple formula that many try to go around. you cant.

get the juice out of two lemons and mix that with warm water. drink in the morning. doing this helps burn fat around the stomach as well as quicken the metabolism for the rest of the day

I've just purchased "Lean In 15" by Joe Wicks, The Body Coach. It's done quite well in the UK and just released in the US. He's on Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. It's all healthy meals that can be made in 15 mins or less and HIT exercises that take about 20-30 mins. I'm kicking off this weekend. Will let you know how I make out.

the best way to lose weight:

in take less,
be more active.

its a simple formula that many try to go around. you cant.

Great advice and so simple (but not always easy). I would add, regarding the intake, to eat real food, the less processed the better. Mostly vegetables, fruit, nuts, fish, poultry, beans. Avoid red meat, sweets, junky food, fried food. Nothing you didn't know already!

Apple cider vinegar is also supposed to be a wonder food. Panacea. Weight loss. Add it to your lemon juice routine if you can. I could never stand the straight taste of it. Though I love it in salad dressing and other cooking.

"Forks Over Knives" is another Netflix classic. FOK and Fed Up are my scared straight program when my cheat meal becomes a cheat week/month.
My younger brother watched some guys so each about why you should be vegan and it changed his life and he cried. Either one of those? Lol

My younger brother watched some guys so each about why you should be vegan and it changed his life and he cried. Either one of those? Lol

Yeah...so now I only eat bacon once every 2-3 weeks. In general they really encourage me to eat clean whole foods, rather than processed junk (except bacon...every 2-3 weeks).

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
get the juice out of two lemons and mix that with warm water. drink in the morning. doing this helps burn fat around the stomach as well as quicken the metabolism for the rest of the day

Drinking water with lemon is great for hydration and other things but there is no such thing as target fat loss.